Revealed: Plight of children in the world's newest country - pictures show human rights abuses and starvation in South Sudan

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2627422/Revealed-Plight-children-worlds-newest-country-pictures-human-rights-abuses-starvation-South-Sudan.html

These photographs show the scenes of sheer poverty in a remote part of the world’s newest country where children are deeply malnourished and surrounded by violence every single day.

The pictures from Leer in South Sudan show starving children, burnt-down homes and youngsters playing with dangerous military hardware.

They highlight the plight of the country where more than 1.3million people have been forced to flee their homes because of widespread violence.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

What irks me is this stuff has been going on since I was a small child myself. And we seem no closer to addressing it because too many people don’t want it to work. It just makes me sick that this continues in our day and age. And the problem is spreading and getting worse. Believe me it is in every country out there, and all because of greed and poor steward ship of what God has given us on this planet.

I think a country like the USA should just air drop food in these areas, even if they violate treaties and air space. But no, everything anyone does had to go through “proper channels” so the “leaders” of these countries can make sure and get their fare share. It’s just sickening.

Thank you for that. I would like to have had more members responding to this thread.

LOVE! :heart:

Not too many people post or view this linked news site due to, I think, dehumanization of African children. 9,500 children die and agonizing, slow death of starvation each and every day, but people everywhere turn away. When will LOVE reign, and people become attune to the needless pain and suffering in third-world countries?

LOVE! :heart:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.