Revealed: the Texan who is bringing America's abortion culture wars to Scotland

FOR the past ten years, Shawn Carney has travelled all over the world working on what he calls the “front-lines of the culture war”. Now the 33-year-old, from Texas, is bringing his controversial US-style anti-abortion campaigning to Scotland.

For six weeks, pro-life protesters, from the 40 Days for Life organisation, will picket outside the new Queen Elizabeth Universirty super-hospital in Glasgow where abortions are carried out in NHS facilities. The protests, which begin next month, will mark the first time such a demonstration has taken place north of the border.

Organisers insist it will be a “quiet prayer” vigil rather than a demonstration and women will not be approached. But pro-choice groups have raised concerns over the potential distress caused to women making an already difficult – and legal – decision.

heraldscotland.com/news/14226369.display/

Let us pray for an end to the homicide of innocent children who have not yet been born.

unplannedthebook.com/
That book, “unplanned” by Abby Johnson tells a lot about the “40 days for life” movement. They are quite very admirable and Shawn Carney apparently is a part of them.

It’s interesting, that book tells you all kinds of things about the protests and how they vary, even at the same abortion mill being protested, from people holding up signs of pictures of aborted babies, a man dressing like the Grim Reaper, to people who pray to counseling types.

I am glad that he is doing this. Abortion needs to be eliminated worldwide, not just in the United States.

Exactly.

"But pro-choice groups have raised concerns over the potential distress caused to women making an already difficult – and legal – decision."

This quote right here. I’m so sick of the lack of sympathy for the babies! Why is it always the damned women?! I’m sorry, but I’m just so angered. Just because it’s “legal” doesn’t mean it’s right. And from what I can see, it’s hardly a “difficult” decision. That’s why they smirk and laugh when they hold up their “My Rotten Body, My Rotten Choice” signs. That’s why they say they feel RELIEFFFFFFFF after they’ve bumped another one off. Right. They’re making heroes out of these cold-blooded creepy killers, while THEY’RE the ones who are the damned cowards! That BABY dead inside of your womb had NOTHING to do with it! It DID NOT create itself! Get yourself FIXED!!!

x2. God Bless them.

The following I believe may help -

34 And Jesus said, “Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.” And they cast lots to divide his garments.

• Luke 23:34

I hope this has helped

God Bless You

Thank you for reading
Josh

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.