revelation 21

I have seen so many protestant groups make strange ideas about this chapter of scripture and I just want to know what it means. Can anyone explain it to me?

Bill

They violate the very bible that they hold:

2 Peter 1:20
King James Version (KJV)
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Outside of Church authority, they privately interpret prophecy. If only they would follow their own bibles!

As to what it actually means, the Haydock Commentary is a good reference, although there are others.

Well, it's talking about the New Heaven & Earth. Behold God's dwelling is with the human race....there will be no more death or morning, wailing or pain. Sounds great! Some will go to hell. The twelve tribes of Israel will be inscribed on walls, and on the foundation will be inscribed the 12 names of the apostles of the Lamb. Nothing unclean will enter it. God will be our Temple and the Sun light!

sign me up!

Here is a link that breaks down each verse from a traditional Catholic view.

sites.google.com/site/aquinasstudybible/home/revelation/rev-1/rev-2/rev-3/rev-4/rev-5/rev-6/rev-7/rev-8/rev-9/rev-10/rev-11/rev-12/rev-13/rev-14/rev-15/rev-16/rev-17/rev-18/rev-19/rev-20/rev-21

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.