Revelation

How do RCC interpret the book of Revelations? Obviously it must be different thatn how Evangelicals interpret it, so if anyone knows please tell me.

Hi there! I am not sure what the RCC’c official interpretation of Revelations is (if there is one), but there is a book by Scott Hahn called “Lamb’s Supper”. In it he talks about how the Catholic mass and the book of Revelation is tied together. It was a really neat book. If you have the time, you may find it to be an interresting read!

From my understanding (anyone correct me if i am wrong) the book of revaluations is considered more of an encyclical in story format. Because of the persecutions of Nero Christians had to think of better ways of communicating with there texts and encyclicals. Another writing similar to this is “The Shepard of Hermas.” This book almost made it in the Bible.

Hi, Uber…,

Thre is no official interpretation of Revelation. In fact, there are very few passages of the bible that have received an official interpretation.

Catholic interpreters generally refrain from trying to be specific with names and dates, when interpreting Revelation. They center more on the apocalyptic nature of the book, as a cosmic battle between good and evil, God and Satan, the Church and the World, the Devil and Me.

In this sense, Revelation’s message applies to every age and every person. It is that God allows evil to flourish for a time, but that eventually, good will win out… and this applies to our own lives as well. God is with you and everything will be all right in the end.

Verbum

[quote=UBERROGO]How do RCC interpret the book of Revelations? Obviously it must be different thatn how Evangelicals interpret it, so if anyone knows please tell me.
[/quote]

Perhaps it would be helpful to you to know what the Church *doesn’t * teach about it. Here’s an article from Catholic Answers:

The Time Is Near
Five Common Misinterpretations of the Book of Revelation
By Carl E. Olson

catholic.com/thisrock/2002/0209fea5.asp

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.