Revelations and OSAS/Works??

What do you think of this passage?

Chapter verses 26-28

26 To the victor, who keeps to my ways until the end, I will give authority over the nations.

27 He will rule them with an iron rod. Like clay vessels will they be smashed,

28 Just as I received authority from my Father, And to him I will give the morning star.

OSAS supporters interpret “ways” as belief in Jesus Christ.

How does he deal with the “until the end” part? It seems to imply that it is possible not to keep these ways “until the end”.

Posted by kalt originally.

Originally posted by kalt. This is Tito and hope my laptop don’t act up again. In Revelation chapter 2 ea. church’s letter ends with an address to the ‘victor’. The KJV uses the ‘overcomer’ instead. Verses 7,11,17,26 and in ch 3 verses 5,12,21 do also. Question is, who is this ‘victor’ or ‘overcomer’? The apostle himself tells you in 1 John 5:5 “Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?” In verse 1a John has already stated “Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God” and verse 4 “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world; and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith”. Therefore, the ‘victor’ is a born again believer, in Jesus as God’s Son and as the Christ (Messiah) by faith. In verse 11 it says “And this is the record that God hath given to us eternal life and this life is in his Son” and v.13 “These things have I written to unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God”. The apostle John certainly talked about eternal life quite often, it seems more than any N.T. writer and John 3:15,16,18,36 and 20:31 adress the issue of eternal life. I did not intend in being dragged into a discussion on OSAS though I find myself in this conversation with you; I intended to point out that the ‘victor’ is defined by the apostle in 1 John and did not know whether you had captured that. Now you can discuss OSAS if you judge that to be right though I will not participate in such but will listen to what you have to say.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.