Reverence for the presence of our Lord

Dear friends, Catholics and non-Catholics,

It is unfortunate that even some good Catholics have forgotten the majesty of the presence of God in the Blessed Sacrament in the tabernacle. If we really acknowledged this truth, would we ignore our Lord’s presence by engaging in unnecessary talk with our neighbors?

I wish to encourage all people to remember how we should respond to God’s presence in the tabernacle, which is with our constant attention, and to try to avoid having conversations inside the church, even if no Mass is going on, or even if you and your friend are the only ones in the church.

My suggestion is that if you want to talk to someone, or someone wants to talk with you, ask the other person to step outside first.

Another important thing to remember is that after the moment you receive Holy Communion, the next 20 minutes are very sacred because that is the amount of time that the host remains intact until digested. So, for those 20 minutes, the Lord is present IN YOU!!! If at all possible, pray quietly for these 20 minutes, which means to remain in prayer after Mass for a few minutes. This is so important for your soul! The amount of grace we receive from the Blessed Sacrament is equal to our own disposition. So give Him your attention and love, and you will receive more grace!!!

Sending caring encouragement and prayers to all.

May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil, and bring us to everlasting life. Amen. :signofcross:

Nice post, Redwood. Thank you for this important reminder.

I would like to put your post up in every Church.

The Soul After Communion as revealed by Our Lord to Sr. Josefa Menendez:

“After you have received Holy Communion, offer the Divine Wealth you then possess to pay the debt of souls…Souls that eat My flesh possess God, the Author of life and of life eternal. That is how they become My heaven. Nothing can compare with their beauty. The angels are in admiration and, as God is with them, they fall down in adoration. O souls, if you only knew your dignity!..Your soul is My heaven; every time you receive Me in Holy Communion, My grace augments both your dignity and your beauty.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.