Reverend or Father?


Quick question. Are Catholic priests also called “Reverend”? Or is that a Protestant term?


It’s a protestant term, and not a correct one at that. “The Reverend” is a title, not a form of address. For example: Episcopalian Priests are also properly titled “Rev. John Smith” or “Rt Rev John Smith” or even “Very Reverend John Smith”, but are addressed as “Father” or “Pastor”.


DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit