Reviving birth rates!

Glory to Jesus Christ!

What is your church doing to revive the birth rates in countries where you have a sizable number? In the country of Georgia, the Patriarch said he would personally baptize any child born to a family that already had two children. Let’s face it, the birth rate in Europe is shrinking and in other places around the world, too. Muslims are reproducing like crazy, outnumbering Christians

So, what’s being done to reverse that in your church? Are any Catholic or Protestant groups pushing for people to have kids and abandon contraceptives?

In Christ,
Andrew

Wow! That is pretty cool. That’s akin to the Pope promising to baptize the child! That would be a great honor.

Is there any documentation as to whether or not his offer has made any difference in family size there in Georgia?

It increased the birthrate to 20%, which was 4 times what it was previously. Some families had two or more children after he started the initiative. I don’t know if it’s still working.

I have no doubt that the same thing would work with Catholics as well. The Pope could say he would personally baptize someone’s child if the family already had “x” amount of children. The Protestants, I’m not sure, but it could work. Perhaps someone like a Billy Graham? I guess it would depend on the denomination of the Protestant and whether they viewed infant baptism as legitimate. :shrug:

In Christ,
Andrew

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.