Rex Tillerson of ExxonMobil Expected to Be Named Trump's Secretary of State: Sources

Good time to buy Exxon.

0 Likes

That’s what they want you to do.

0 Likes

Who is they?

0 Likes

It is also speculated that Bolton will be named deputy to Tillerson. The State Department needs to be rooted out and as an analyst on TV said today “Bolton knows where the bodies are buried”. He has worked at State and knows how to regulate it as it is a run-wild department now.

0 Likes

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 16s17 seconds ago

Whether I choose him or not for “State”- Rex Tillerson, the Chairman & CEO of ExxonMobil, is a world class player and dealmaker. Stay tuned!

Hmm, he may be wavering a bit on SOS.

0 Likes

We will have to see. It isn’t the first name the transition team has dangled out there.

0 Likes

The ones who already own the stock? :slight_smile:

Somewhat related to this, it’s getting harder and harder to distinguish between the corporate world and a government which is supposed to protect our individual rights.

0 Likes

Yes. This is true. At least he gets instant feedback. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of transitions, I have never seen anything like this. Trump and his team has taken over both traditional media and new media completely.

Nothing about this political season is normal.

0 Likes

Very true. And the many who want to dismantle the government don’t seem to understand the saying, nature abhors a vacuum.

Oh well, as Bette Davis said, "Fasten your seatbelts, it’s going to be a bumpy ride” – All About Eve (1950

0 Likes

The reports are from the CIA, who have no interest in making excuses for liberals

0 Likes

Bumpy night

0 Likes

I wouldn’t say that. The CIA is full of political types both Democrats and Republicans (depending on the current administration.) A lot of positions in the CIA are political appointees.

I started a thread on the CIA leak if you want to discuss it:
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=14338443#post14338443

0 Likes

You are correct, the actual quote from the movie is night, but both work in the case.

0 Likes

:smiley:

0 Likes

Good catch! You apparently know your films.

0 Likes

I don’t think that the CIA is “full of political types” even with political appointees. I think that it would dangerous to the nation to dismiss these reports as political in nature.

0 Likes

The State Department does not need to be purged. As for Bolton, he might have a problem getting confirmed:

Meanwhile, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul said he would be an “automatic no” vote against former U.N. Ambassador John Bolton, who sources told NBC News Trump will name as Tillerson’s deputy secretary of state.

Bolton argued forcefully in 2002 that Iraq had hidden weapons of mass destruction and continued to defend his position even after it was discovered that Iraq harbored no such weapons.

“John Bolton doesn’t get it. He still believes in regime change. He’s still a big cheerleader for the Iraq War. He’s promoted a nuclear attack by Israel on Iran. He wants to do regime change in Iran,” Rand said.

nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/gop-opposition-potential-trump-cabinet-nominees-grows-n694626

0 Likes

He’s being paired with Bolton as his #2, Bolton is a career diplomat who will manage the day to day aspects of the Dept of State. This is the same formula used in most embassies where the Ambassador is supported by a career Foreign Service Officer in the Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM) role.

0 Likes

I have doubts that Bolton will get confirmed…

0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.