Rheumatoid Arthritis?

I’ve had RA for about 14 years. So far I have no permanent damage. But I do get painful flares and no Rx is really helping me right now. Most of the new meds have too many side-effects to make them practical for me. Anybody else tried anything that works? Alternative treatments? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

hi swan,

I read your post with interest b/c I have mild arthritis in my back, right ankle, and legs.

I am currently on Humira injections for my Crohn’s disease but have found that it’s helping with my joint pain seeing as it was originally made for RA and such.

Have you tried that or even Remicade??? Remicade is an IV infusion that is closely monitored at a hospital or outpt. facility. They premedicate the pts. w/benedryl first to prevent any allergic reactions. It takes about 5-6 hrs. and stays in the body for 30 days.

Humira shots are 4 shots for the loading dose, then 2 shots a few days later. Then it’s 1 x every other Monday.

I truly understand where you are coming from. Ask your MD if you are a candidate for any biologics and for pain, can you take a muscle relaxer or something like Darvocet, tylenol 3, or even percocet? I am on Flexeril (muscle spasms) and 1/4 tablet of Percocet. I also use the thermacare heat wraps for my back as well as mild stretches I learned from physical therapy when my back was really spasming.

Feel free to email me if you want to talk. God Bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.