Richard dawkins.. the God delusion

How’s this guy.?? rational comments or just pure atheist??

i think he is full of nonsense. then again, i feel sorry for him. he puts more trust in science and our efforts than in God’s perfect love and work.

rational thoughts are a result of man’s efforts, but being able to accept and rest in God’s love takes something…supernatural. i pray that he and the other atheists will soon realize their folly, and run back into their Father’s embrace.

• steph

Haven’t read the book and don’t intend to. My understanding from others I trust is that he brings no new arguments to the table.

His main point seems to be that we have specialized brain areas for processing the experience of communing with God, thus God doesn’t exist. It’s exactly like saying colors, music, language, faces and all other stimuli for which we have specialized brain areas don’t exist. He’s just flailing because in decades of struggling to wedge science into an atheist-supporting shape he has never been convincing.:smiley:

I’m sure that his arguments are conducted rationally. However, if you start with a false assumption (in this case, that God does not exist), everything after is false, regardless of how logically and rationally it is presented.

Really makes a person grateful to have received the Gift of Faith, doesn’t it? I pity people like him…

If it weren’t for strawmen, Dawkins wouldn’t be able to advance a single argument. His ignorance of actual Christian doctrine and practice is staggering.

– Mark L. Chance.

A great book that counters this is called “The Dawkins Delusion” by fellow Oxford professior Alister McGrath. He basically spells out all the flaws in Dawkin’s arguments.

Dawkins is basically an athiest fundamentalist.

Sounds like the Matix theory :nerd: :hypno:

Is it reality? or is it just a series of neurons reacting in your brain??

lol

it says on wiki:

Dawkins was listed in Time magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2007.

For scientists I prefer people like Stephen Hawking… He is a true genuis. I don’t thinks hes an athiest either…

I believe he’s more of an agnostic than an atheist. He hasn’t, to the best of my knowledge, labeled himself as either, but it’s clear from his writings that he doesn’t think God created the universe.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.