Richmond bookstore owner calls police on woman harassing 'piece of trash' Steve Bannon

Richmond bookstore owner calls police on woman harassing ‘piece of trash’ Steve Bannon

By Victor Morton - The Washington Times - Sunday, July 8, 2018

At least one business owner has no time for having his customers being given the Maxine Waters treatment.

A bookstore owner in Richmond called the police upon a woman screaming at former Trump administration strategist Steve Bannon in his store.

Nick Cooke, owner of Black Swan Books, told the Richmond Times Dispatch that he made the 911 call Saturday afternoon in defense of Mr. Bannon after an unnamed woman called him a “piece of trash.”

“Steve Bannon was simply standing, looking at books, minding his own business. I asked her to leave, and she wouldn’t. And I said, ‘I’m going to call the police if you don’t,’ and I went to call the police and she left,” . . .

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/8/steve-bannon-confronted-black-swan-books-richmond-/

More people doing exactly the type of thing Maxine Waters told them to do.

The owner has the right to kick out the person, but, to me, this is worthy of not national news.

jagged . . .

The owner has the right to kick out the person, but, to me, this is worthy of not national news.

That’s your opinion jagged.

I’m fine with you thinking that.

I think it is. Especially given the call for the “Waters treatment” system I think it IS nationally newsworthy.

Just like when McConnell got confronted (again) last night at a restaurant (outside) is likewise newsworthy in this climate of (Congresswoman Waters) calls for public harassment.

Why would it not be worthy of national news?
We have Maxine Waters calling for the harrassment of people who work or worked for President Trump. Bannon was being harrassed.
Would you have been happier if the bookstore owner had kicked out Bannon?
He was minding his own business.
Another example of the unhinged left.
I applaud the bookstore owner for his action.

Wow. That’s horrible. I guess that’s what happens when you elect someone President who insults everyone.

Well, maybe when Republican select leaders capable of showing civility, I will worry about this, but really, it’s just reaping what you sow.

jagged . . .

Wow. That’s horrible. I guess that’s what happens when you elect someone President who insults everyone.

Look. If you want a Trump thread associated with him insulting someone start it.

I’m OK with that.

But then don’t pretend this kind of thing is NOT national news if you think that.

I am just wondering where all the “delving” is?
Nothing from Bannon. Nothing form the alleged screamer to get her side. Not even one sentence.

It’s not national news. Sorry. It’s just not that important. You see, when you tear down the basics of civility by nominating and electing someone like Trump, you don’t get to complain that people aren’t being civil to your side anymore.

jagged . . .

Sorry. It’s just not that important.

Says the person who has three out of eight (now nine) posts here.

Made one comment and then thought it would be impolite to not respond to those that took the time to respond to me.

All these “news” stories about unhinged leftists harassing Trump supporters smell like Russian click-bait to me. A new one crops up each day with the same MO “Peaceful innocent Trump supporter gets attacked by rapid leftist”. Seriously? It’s either that or Trump supporters have suddenly turned into a bunch of snowflakes, which I seriously doubt.

Even if all these stories are true, I’m sure the actual number of Trump supporters who have been harassed is dwarfed by the number of Muslim women who get harassed every day for wearing a hijab, or the number of transgender people who get harassed for using the “wrong” toilet, or the number of gay couples who get harassed for kissing in public.

They haven’t turned into a bunch of snowflakes, they have always been snowflakes.

jagged . . .

They haven’t turned into a bunch of snowflakes, they have always been snowflakes.

Who?

They do protest too much
Can’t be bothered to condemn the action though, just try deflect the topic.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.