Rick Santorum drops out, Endorses Marco Rubio For President

So the choice is Cruz wants the states to determine SSM and Rubio would start WWIII?

LOL you’re kidding right?

I don’t know how it works in NH or SC but sometimes there may not be time for a candidate’s name to be removed from a ballot so maybe voters could still vote for Santorum. I voted for Bill Bradley in my primary in 2000 even though he had dropped out about a wk before. I’ve also voted for a candidate who I preferred even though the nomination was all but official for another.

I’m not sure about those states, but I haven’t filled out a paper ballot in years. When I go to the polls, it’s always electronic voting. And this is across 4 states.

Addendum - from the Patriot Voices website. Seems more pro-Rubio than anti - anyone else.

There are many qualified, conservative candidates in the race for the White House.

But when it comes to the issues that we care about the most – restoring the American dream for hardworking families, standing up for the rights of the unborn, protecting our nation’s security, and fighting for international religious freedom – we believe Marco Rubio’s position are right on, and he has earned our endorsement.

We have taken a long, close look at all of the candidates. Running for President provides you with a unique look into the candidates’ positions and temperament.

Marco Rubio is the right Republican to lead our party and our country.

His policies will revive our manufacturing sector, help our families thrive and defeat ISIS.

It is time to coalesce around the strongest candidate who will stand up for conservative values, be a statesman on the world stage, and has the ability to win a general election.

That is Marco Rubio.

– Rick Santorum in Patriot Voices.

patriotvoices.com/

I’ve been doing early voting by mail for awhile now where I live so I don’t know. In 2008 I did deliver my ballot in person to the elections office. In 2010, the last I voted in person, we were still using some form of a paper ballot that we then fed into a machine.

Sending everything to the state level would be a primarily libertarian principle more so than a conservative principle. There is certainly a libertarian element to conservative ideals however.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.