Rifi Demands Legal Action against Arsonists who Torched ISIL Flag

Justice Minister Ashraf Rifi vowed to legally pursue a number of protesters who set ablaze a flag for the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) .

[naharnet.com/stories/en/145447-rifi-demands-legal-action-against-arsonists-who-torched-isil-flag](http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/145447-rifi-demands-legal-action-against-arsonists-who-torched-isil-flag)   

I think the Justice Minister should realise that right now Lebanon has much bigger fish to fry. ISIS and Al-Nusra Front are inside the country. Captive Lebanese soldiers facing execution, and rising tensions in at least 3 areas of the country.

At one point, it was just incidental to the fighting but I saw one report that rebels actually were at the border of Israel though it was no confrontation, just spillover. However, I have only seen that story once and could not find it a 2nd time. I wanted to at least post it in a thread.

You’re probably referring to the Golan Hts where there has been recent fighting. A few days ago Israel launched strikes against Syrian government forces, BUT not the Jihadists, and afterwards a spokesman for the Al-Nusra Front stated that they did not pose a threat to Israel. This was reported on in major news sources.

Al-Nusra Front is reportedly demanding Maronite Patriarch Beshara al-Rahi to apologize for the burning of an Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant flag by youth in Beirut’s Ashrafiyeh district.naharnet.com/stories/en/145783-report-nusra-front-demands-al-rahi-s-apology-over-burning-of-isil-flag

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.