Rihanna's Song - "We found love in a hopeless place"

I read someone's status on my sister's Facebook that, "We found love in a hopeless place" Played Reversed/Backwards says "satan, honey, i love you".

Is this true? And if it is, should we stop listening to it? I have to admit I like the song because of the beat, but would it be wrong to listen to it if this is what the meaning is????

I wouldn't be suprised if it was true since Rihanna appears to be part of the social engineering going on in the US and worldwide, AKA "Illuminati," "NWO," etc. Current artists like Lady Gaga and Jay-Z are part of it, and artists such as the Beatles and Madonna were key instruments of it in the past. Personally I would (and do) avoid most of her songs but there is obviously no Magisterial teaching on whether it is a sin and how bad of a sin it is since there is no agreement as to whether this social engineering even exists. Most people think it is insane to believe it does.

[quote="HNA444, post:1, topic:265559"]
I read someone's status on my sister's Facebook that, "We found love in a hopeless place" Played Reversed/Backwards says "satan, honey, i love you".

Is this true? And if it is, should we stop listening to it? I have to admit I like the song because of the beat, but would it be wrong to listen to it if this is what the meaning is????

[/quote]

we foound loove in a hoooooooooopeless place
this kind of music n stuff rihanna n lil wayne n jay z katy perry especially lady gaga nowadys with her judas or alejandro song etc, it carries certain frequencies that really messes up a human when they hear it, any popular artists or songs are satanic at its very core, even if it doesnt say something satanic when played backwards, it is still very dagerious to listen to these type of artists and songs, this type of stuff is used for social engineering, they want us to live immoral lives n just think about party, sex, drugs, etc they wantus to think that there is no after life, to answer ur question, i highly recommend for your own emotional and mental but most importantly spiritual safety, that you do not listen to rihanna or lady gaga katy perry etc. on youtube search John Todd, he was a Christian who was exterminated by the elite (the people who run this world with satan at the top) he was killed because he exposed the music industry for what it really is, satanic. His messege was that most songs nowadays carry demons, there are certain places where black magicians insert demons into disks and music in order to corrupt the youth.

While I think most of what Rihanna does is oversexualised and often pretty poor music too, I think this particular song is catchy, fun, and the lyrics seem fairly benign. I have no trouble listening to it.

You could probably find similar sounding ‘evil messages’ in most of the songs from the missal if you reversed them. It’s a load of sanskrit.

Putting Satanic lyrics in a song that can only be heard if it is played backwards (which your average Rihanna fan wouldn't even have the equipment to be able to do) strikes me as a huge effort to be expended for a miniscule chance of anyone listening and an even smaller chance of anyone being converted to Satanism as a result.

The devil has much easier tactics he can use.

[quote="0thetrooth0, post:3, topic:265559"]
we foound loove in a hoooooooooopeless place
this kind of music n stuff rihanna n lil wayne n jay z katy perry especially lady gaga nowadys with her judas or alejandro song etc, it carries certain frequencies that really messes up a human when they hear it, any popular artists or songs are satanic at its very core, even if it doesnt say something satanic when played backwards, it is still very dagerious to listen to these type of artists and songs, this type of stuff is used for social engineering, they want us to live immoral lives n just think about party, sex, drugs, etc they wantus to think that there is no after life, to answer ur question, i highly recommend for your own emotional and mental but most importantly spiritual safety, that you do not listen to rihanna or lady gaga katy perry etc. on youtube search John Todd, he was a Christian who was exterminated by the elite (the people who run this world with satan at the top) he was killed because he exposed the music industry for what it really is, satanic. His messege was that most songs nowadays carry demons, there are certain places where black magicians insert demons into disks and music in order to corrupt the youth.

[/quote]

I know where you are coming from here, but what I don't understand is what the elite hope to gain from this all? Is it just so they can have power over the world?? I believe all people are seeking their own happiness and spiritual journey, even the evil elite, and that goodness will triumph in the end, and in a way in which the elite are not destroyed, but begin to use their powers for good. And also, why do you assume it is Satan at the top?? I like to take a more positive view on things.

I promise you, God can use these songs for good, even if they are in fact socially engineered for a nefarious purpose. I don't believe in a truly evil heart, but merely troubled and searching hearts. Our elite I believe our merely ignorant of the value of every individual made in the image of God, so the elite mistakenly try to use population control, in order to build a better world. Again, I believe the elite are just using a misguided program, and that all will work out for everyone in the end, even the elite.

I don't believe in evil frequencies. I know some frequencies may push us towards dark thoughts, negativity, but I believe this can be deconstructed in the spiritually aware person, and when the spiritually aware person listens to lady gaga etc, he or she takes in the negative frequencies and builds them into a beautiful symphony, just like Christians say God works all evil to good. It is a beautiful thing. Evil has no lasting power, ever. It is only temporary. I believe no evil is permanent, not satan, not anything. all is in flux. All can be glory, given TIME.

[quote="Job42, post:2, topic:265559"]
I wouldn't be suprised if it was true since Rihanna appears to be part of the social engineering going on in the US and worldwide, AKA "Illuminati," "NWO," etc. Current artists like Lady Gaga and Jay-Z are part of it, and artists such as the Beatles and Madonna were key instruments of it in the past. Personally I would (and do) avoid most of her songs but there is obviously no Magisterial teaching on whether it is a sin and how bad of a sin it is since there is no agreement as to whether this social engineering even exists. Most people think it is insane to believe it does.

[/quote]

http://www.rocksonora.com/file/sns_uploads/5475/images/facepalm.gif

[quote="Jonathon, post:8, topic:265559"]
http://www.rocksonora.com/file/sns_uploads/5475/images/facepalm.gif

[/quote]

Ahaha, I was about to do something similar.

I bet money that the first two responses are in fact written by the same person using two different accounts

So you don't think that that artists such as the Beatles are being used to tansform society? Just look at the fruits. An indirect quote found in the Beatles Wikipedia article:

"The Beatles changed the way people listened to popular music and experienced its role in their lives. From what began as the Beatlemania fad, the group grew to be perceived by their young fans across the industrialized world as the representatives, even the embodiment, of ideals associated with cultural transfiguration. As icons of the 1960s counterculture, they became a catalyst for bohemianism and activism in various social and political arenas, fuelling such movements as women's liberation, gay liberation and environmentalism."

I'm not sure every song by Rihanna, the Beatles, etc. is bad but it takes more discernment than most people have, including myself.

I never said songs such as the one you refer to aren't or can't be bad.

But most or all of the bad ones blatantly promote sin in their lyrics (the ones everyone hears, when the song is played forwards) or clips (skimpy clothing, suggestive dancing, mock violence etc) or else because the artist as a person promotes a sinful lifestyle and so is a bad influence

No need to go looking for hidden messages, the OPEN messages are surely enough to more than adequately do the Devil's work, sadly.

Regarding hidden messages and the idea that we can subliminally influence people.

The thing is... we can't. There's never been a study which has demonstrate that subliminal messaging or backwards messaging can have any sort of effect on a person's thought processes. The extent to which we can alter a person's behavior lies in the so-called priming effect, where prior presentation of a stimuli can enhance a person ability to recognize that stimuli in future trials.

As for the whole concept of "Satanic Backwards Music"... Well, once again this tends to be a load of malarkey. Our brain tries really, really hard to impose order on the world. When someone suggests that certain lyrics are present in a backwards tune our brain will try its hardest to form the random sounds into the words we expect to hear.

Sometimes bands do intentionally put "backmasked" music in their lyrics, although usually it's done to poke fun at those who believe its a serious problem.. Wikipedia has an incomplete list here. Warning! There is some very strong language shown in that list. Proceed with caution.

[quote="Job42, post:2, topic:265559"]

[/quote]

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8954/d8fc22ba.gif

[quote="Mungling, post:14, topic:265559"]
Regarding hidden messages and the idea that we can subliminally influence people.

The thing is... we can't. There's never been a study which has demonstrate that subliminal messaging or backwards messaging can have any sort of effect on a person's thought processes. The extent to which we can alter a person's behavior lies in the so-called priming effect, where prior presentation of a stimuli can enhance a person ability to recognize that stimuli in future trials.

As for the whole concept of "Satanic Backwards Music"... Well, once again this tends to be a load of malarkey. Our brain tries really, really hard to impose order on the world. When someone suggests that certain lyrics are present in a backwards tune our brain will try its hardest to form the random sounds into the words we expect to hear.

Sometimes bands do intentionally put "backmasked" music in their lyrics, although usually it's done to poke fun at those who believe its a serious problem.. Wikipedia has an incomplete list here. Warning! There is some very strong language shown in that list. Proceed with caution.

[/quote]

That list is very interesting! But whether backmasking actually affects the listener subliminally I think is not the most important issue here. If an artist says something Satanic it should be taken very seriously whether they say it backwards or forwards. Either they don't take the Devil seriously enough or they are Satanists. I don't really see any other possibility.

[quote="Job42, post:16, topic:265559"]
That list is very interesting! But whether backmasking actually affects the listener subliminally I think is not the most important issue here. If an artist says something Satanic it should be taken very seriously whether they say it backwards or forwards. Either they don't take the Devil seriously enough or they are Satanists. I don't really see any other possibility.

[/quote]

Option 3: They don't take too seriously those people who criticize them because they don't take Satan seriously enough.

Dissect that!

Are you guys serious?? Have you considered laying down your weapons of defense for long enough to see the beauty in the creations that come from ALL gods creations? Evil comes not from playing a pop song backwards, evil grows from fanatics’ focus on potential darkness, where there could be celebration in the light that already exists!! Rihannas voice in this song connects with my soul in a beautiful way and it’s not letting demons in!! God doesn’t want us to look for evil but to enjoy this amazing life!! Don’t waste your life hating and worrying people!! If u don’t like it, don’t listen, but that doesn’t mean it’s satanic! Allow yourself to enjoy the treasures of this crazy world we are all part of :slight_smile:

:thumbsup:

lol which star trek is this next generation?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.