Ringing in ears

Don’t know what had suddenly caused it, but it’s bothering me and scaring me a bit. I’ll make an appointment with an ENT on Monday. If you could please pray for relief and that it’s nothing serious or permanent I’d appreciate it greatly

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Do you take a lot of Advil,aspirin or Tylenol? I know prolonged or overuse of these meds can cause ringing in the ears.I deal with this as well and I also use the above mentioned meds,thinking this is the reason for my tinnitus:eek:

Praying for your health & recovery.

No. My allergies were really bad today and I flew twice earlier in the week. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Yeah,probably that is it

Like many other veterans who were exposed to very loud percussive noises I have Tinnitus combined with hearing loss, a ringing to a howling in my ears and a loss of high frequency hearing. There really is no cure for my variety of Tinnitus, I just learned to listen through it. It is a pain to never experience quiet though, the noise is there always, awake or asleep and in all settings. Just another cross to offer up. Perhaps, hopefully, yours is temporary.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Thank you for your service. I have Tinnitus that I’ve had since childhood, and I never thought to offer it up as a cross I bear daily until reading your post. Thank you. And I really get what you mean about never experiencing true quietness…

To the OP, I am praying for you!

Have had it for about 10 years now. My brother has it, a friend has had it since he was a kid. Mine seemed to happen after I had shingles on the lower branch of the facial nerve and in the ear canal. When I have sinus problems or am under stress, my ear roars like Niagara Falls! Otherwise, it sounds faintly like crickets chirping. You get used to it. Some people say Lipo-Flavonoid works, others don’t. I’ve never tried it, but probably will.

You should see an ENT, though. Most cases of tinnitus are nothing serious except for the stress they can cause, but in a vast minority of cases there is a very serious, but usually curable, cause. If it’s garden variety tinnitus, it’s not curable, sad to say.

I’ve actually had something called “musical ear” that was set off by the sound of my desktop computer. That was odd!

Thank you for your service from me, too.

I have some loss of hearing in one ear with mine, too. Mine is usually at a high chirp or a very low roar, but when stressed or having sinus problems, it sounds like I’m in a wind tunnel! Can get distressing. I offer it up to God as well. But wouldn’t it be a blessing just to hear…silence? Wow.

Maybe one or both your ears are clogged? I know that when my ear(s) is/are clogged, I have ringing in my ears.

Praying for you.

I will pray for you Denise. I have been cursed with tinnitus for about 14 months now and I understand your pain and fear. Will you pray for me, too? I do offer it up sometimes, but I would rather this cup pass from me. My tinnitus was caused by stress that has never let up. I think specifically it is due to jaw clenching and forward head posture. :frowning:

Praying for your intention

[size=]THE SORROWFUL MOTHER***[/size]

Memorare

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that
anyone who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help, or sought thy
intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins,
my mother; to thee do I come,
before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy
hear and answer me.

Amen.

Praying…

Praying for you. Sounds like Tinitis, I’ve has it for 33 years and pretty much ignore it.

I once heard a woman comment that
b/c she has ringing in her ears, “some-
one must be thinking about me”!!
Anyway, I pray that the doctor can accu-
rately determine what is wrong with your
hearing, DeniseNY!!

Our Father, who is in heaven,
hallowed be Your Name,
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses as
we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is w/ you,
blessed are you among women,
blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen. (X3)

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer for a Miracle

God of all creation, you who spoke a simple command and brought forth light from
the darkness, I ask you now to send forth your miracle-working power to heal DeniseNY. You cleansed the lepers, opened the eyes of the blind and by
speaking a simple command, you empowered the crippled to rise up and walk.
You sent forth your life-giving power to all those in need, including those you raised from
the dead. I ask you to send forth your healing power into DeniseNY’s body and give him the strength to fight his illness. I ask this through my Lord, Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

Heavenly Father:

Please help Denise NY find the answers to her tinnitus. May she be relieved of this condition.

Through Christ Our Lord, amen.

:gopray:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.