RIP Elizabeth Taylor

I absolutely adored Elizabeth Taylor! "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" and "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" are a few of my favorite movies. Very few actresses are as talented as they are beautiful, but she truly was. I will miss her!!

May she rest in peace. :signofcross:

I watched "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" for the first time a few weeks ago and thought it was quite disturbing! I can see why she got the Oscar though! I will always remember her in Cleopatra!

[quote="FightingFat, post:2, topic:233515"]
May she rest in peace. :signofcross:

I watched "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" for the first time a few weeks ago and thought it was quite disturbing! I can see why she got the Oscar though! I will always remember her in Cleopatra!

[/quote]

Same, I just saw WAOVW last year. Amazing acting from her and Burton (I don't think their relationship really was quite that stormy - at least I hope not!)

I think 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof' is my favourite movie of hers - and wasn't she just glorious looking in it?

Rest in peace. She was a great actress. One of my memeres favorites.

She was a great actress. I've been watching a lot of her old movies lately. I'm watching "Suddenly Last Summer" tonight. They don't make them like they used to, truly.

[quote="CHRISTINE77, post:5, topic:233515"]
She was a great actress. I've been watching a lot of her old movies lately. I'm watching "Suddenly Last Summer" tonight. They don't make them like they used to, truly.

[/quote]

That was a great movie. Katherine Hepburn's character was so disturbing.

I like her in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof".

I also like her in"Father's little Dividend" She's so sweet there.

I just ordered “Giant” (1956) on DVD from Amazon. Your all invited to watch it with me.

[quote="Rascalking, post:7, topic:233515"]
I just ordered "Giant" (1956) on DVD from Amazon. Your all invited to watch it with me.

[/quote]

That's another winner!

"National Velvet." One of the all-time best family movies ever made. :thumbsup:

"Giant." Classic, classic, classic. :thumbsup:

"Secret Ceremony" (w/ Mia Farrow). One of the most...disturbing movies ever made.

And "Reflections in a Golden Eye": "Cutting off her *** with garden shears! You call that normal?" *

She will be missed.

Prayers for repose of her soul. :gopray2:

I am a lover of classic films, but can't remember if I have seen a movie of hers....goes check Netflix

RIP Beautiful Lady! May perpetual light shine upon you!

-J

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.