RIP Patrick Swayze

Patrick Swayze died today after his long battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 57 years old. So sad. :frowning:

It IS sad. In an industry filled with jerks and arrogant people, he was, simply put a class act.

I’m so sorry to hear that. God have mercy on him and his loved ones.

My condolences to his family and friends…

He was a terrific dancer…

may he rest in peace…

Though we may pray for the repose of his soul and hope that he found his salvation in God, we cannot overlook the fact that Patrick Swayze chose for himself roles that glorified abortion, the occult, premarital sex and behavioral affronts to man having been created male and female. In light of this, Mr. Swayze’s passing ought to be regarded with the same level of respect reserved for people like Ted Kennedy.

According to his AP obituary, he and his wife, Lisa Naimi, had known each other since their teens and had been married since 1975 (34 years) – quite an accomplishment for one of the “sexiest men alive” in Hollywood! :thumbsup:

May God rest his soul and comfort his soulmate as well :frowning:

Past thread on Patrick Swayze, baptized as a Catholic:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=223697

†††

“We have loved him during life,
let us not abandon him,
until we have conducted him by our prayers
into the house of the Lord.”
~Saint Ambrose

†††

Embracing Death as a Friend
from a speech at Georgetown University Sept. 9th 1996
by Joseph Cardinal Bernardin

“. . .As a person of faith, of resurrection faith, I see death as a friend, not a foe; and the experience of death is, I am convinced, a transition from life to life, from grace to glory.”

†††

O Gentlest heart of Jesus,
ever present in the Blessed Sacrament,
ever consumed with burning love for the poor captive souls in Purgatory,
have mercy on the soul of Thy departed servant.

Be not severe in Thy judgment
but let some drops of Thy Precious Blood
fall upon the devouring flames,
and do Thou O merciful Saviour
send the angels to conduct Patrick Swayze
to a place of refreshment, light and peace.
Amen.

They’re roles; it doesn’t necessarily mean he believes in the roles he plays nor agrees with it. It is, simply put, a job. If I play the role of Judas, for instance, does that mean I agree to what he did?

To be on topic, RIP to Patrick. This year seems to be a year of celebrity passings…

May he rest in peace in God’s mercy.

:thumbsup:

Thats in poor taste.

Show some manners, and try not to speak ill of the dead. Monsters like Hitler, Eichman, Pol Pot are exceptions to the rule. Mr. Swayze does not fall into that category!

That you consider it to be in poor taste is irrelevant. When the virtue of failing to speak ill of the dead transforms itself into willful ignorance of evil committed and recorded on film, at that point the “virtue” has become an idealistic, and therefore foolish, way of looking at the world. Swayze picked roles for himself that promoted necromancy, cross-dressing, unchaste behavior and the murder of the unborn. This is a fact that Christians should not be shy about proclaiming. In the same way that one does not merely ignore a cancerous tumor, the Christian should not ignore obvious evil out of some vain preference for observing a mere social convention.

By “the same level of respect reserved for people like Ted Kennedy,” are you suggesting that (a.) Ted Kennedy, a politician whose Congressional voting record was at odds with pro-life views, was the epitome of a Catholic meritorious of our admiration, and (b.) that he deserved a Catholic funeral? Because, if you are, you really don’t have the credibility to be scolding those who are mourning Patrick Swayze’s passing.

Formal Catholic funeral for a pro-abortion Senator: good.
Catholics mourning the passing of a long-time married, raised-Catholic actor: not good.
Yeah, that makes perfect sense. :confused:

Let’s pray for the repose of his soul.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace.

“Weep but a little for the dead. For he is at rest.” — ECCLI. 22. 11

God bless you on your journey home Patrick.

:thumbsup:

You and I obviously see things in a different light. Good luck to you.

I suppose he was racist as well, since he played the role of a Confederate general in two mini-series based on the John Jakes trilogy “North and South”…

Oh he must have been!!! Laugh, poor “Other_Eric”, such a simple minded individual.

They actually shot some of the scenes from North and South in Chidester, a town in south Arkansas. My sisters and I rode our bikes from our house all the way to the Holiday Inn where Patrick Swayze and the film crew were staying during the shooting of the film. The bike ride was about 7 miles, but it was worth it just to catch a glimpse of him. When we got there P.S. and the crew had left only an hour before since the filming was done. The long bike ride home was a sad one indeed. :frowning:

He was a great dancer, a terrific actor, and a wonderful husband.

May he rest in peace.

RIP

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.