RIP Tommy Makem

I thought someone would have posted this by now. Legendary Irish singer Tommy Makem is dead at 74. From his old partner Liam Clancy’s board:

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.

John

RIP Tommy, let GOD have mercy on his soul. :crossrc: :heaven:

I always enjoyed his music. May he rest in peace.

:amen: I met him at an Irish festival here in Cleveland about 4 years ago. May his soul rest in peace. :signofcross: :shamrock2:

May he rest in peace.

May his soul and all souls through God’s Loving Mercy ever rest in Peace and may perpetual light shine upon them…
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_14_2.gifJMJ

May the Divine Assistance remain with us always, and may the soul of Tommy and of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

I think I have everything they have ever recorded together, on old LPs if not on CD, and I’m not even Irish.

Rest in peace

Praying for his repose…

May he rest in peace.

I’ll see you one day on Fiddler’s Green…:irish3: :harp:

AMEN :signofcross:

Praying for his soul. :gopray2:

What a shock. This is the first I heard of it, and my ipod is full of his music.

Ah, but I’m sick now, my days are numbered,
Come all you young men and lay me down
.”

Eternal rest grant unto Tommy, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May the Bard of Armagh rest in peace, Amen. May his soul and all the souls of the faithfully departed rest in peace, Amen.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.

The Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem made the college rounds back when I was in college. I loved their wonderful peppy Irish music. “May God hold him in the hollow of His hand”…an old Irish blessing! :harp:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.