Rise in Queensland babies surviving late-term abortions and being left to die, figures show

Twenty-seven babies survived late-term abortions in Queensland hospitals last year but were not rendered care and allowed to die, figures released by Health Minister Cameron Dick have shown.

The babies were of five months gestation or more.

The information was released by Mr Dick this week after he was asked a Question on Notice by Member for Cleveland Dr Mark Robinson in May.

mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-15/babies-of-late-terminations-left-to-die-without-care/7512618

Just plain evil. It is so painful to realize how many people are able to ignore the horrors done to the most vulnerable among us.

I’ll say again–no wonder Pope Francis has emphasized mercy in these horrible times.

Their bodies and no choice. But do they care? Hardly. These little ones are left to die. And yet all that’s heard is the woman will die, the woman needs access to “safe and legal healthcare,” the woman this, the woman that. Ironic how they are, and so hypocritical. I find this mindset very strange, heartless, and downright callous. As Mia Love said, “The choice is about what you do before pregnancy, not after.”

:thumbsup:

Especially since only a minuscule number of abortions are ever performed “to save the life of the mother”. This mindset is a classic example of what George Orwell would call double-think: pro-abortion advocates will go on about child rights and child abuse, but have no problem at all with child murder. :frowning:

It makes me quite sick to my stomach. Just awful…

:gopray:

Oh, remember, it isn’t a real child. And it isn’t actually murder.

Just highlights the evil when abortion is allowed by law. The extension of a failed abortion is to allow the suffering of little children to continue to death in the very sight of those trained and morally obliged to give medical aid and succour to everyone else. Does not one of these doctors or nurses cry out in protest? Is there not one brave soul prepared to take on the establishment to protect and treat these broken babies abandoned by our society in their last gasps for life. No. Thus we collectively lose our soul as a society.
We read and say how terrible. Do we act even to protest to our government? Do our religious leaders start a ground root rebellion against this evil law and take their flock to the doors of parliament? No, we tut, tut like old women. No, we reach for our toast and hope the coffee is still hot. I personally fear the anger of my God at my own failure to do more to fight this paralysis of the best in the face of this satanic surrender crawling over the corpse of our cultural conscience.

Yes, all of us were “not real children” once upon a time; including them. I wonder how many pro-abortion advocates would accept being aborted themselves. :rolleyes:

As an Australian, remember our former PM Tony Abbott who righteously admitted that abortion was one, if not the, greatest of our nations’ “tragedies”. How many pagan Western leaders can admit to this these days?

I am on the verge of giving up on my doctorate on eugenic abortion, relating to the abortion of late-term “disabled” unborn children and the rise of non-invasive prenatal diagnosis technology to diagnose “earlier” pregnancies that would make the “choice” to have an abortion not only legally but supposedly “morally” more acceptable.

I am just too worn out by how pagan and prevalent abortion is among people of the West, but also worldwide. China itself has a huge abortion problem. Arguing and being abused for supporting LIFE. I will admit some charitable atheists and pagans do admit that abortion is killing but few will rise to support it being outlawed at all stages.

I think of Mother Teresa and only wish the current Pontiff was a fraction outspokenly pro-life as she was.

Remember Mother Teresa saying - before the unrepentant anti-Christ Clintons at the National Prayer Breakfast:

"But I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child, a direct killing of the innocent child, murder by the mother herself.

And if we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another? How do we persuade a woman not to have an abortion? As always, we must persuade her with love and we remind ourselves that love means to be willing to give until it hurts. Jesus gave even His life to love us. So, the mother who is thinking of abortion, should be helped to love, that is, to give until it hurts her plans, or her free time, to respect the life of her child. The father of that child, whoever he is, must also give until it hurts.

By abortion, the mother does not learn to love, but kills even her own child to solve her problems.

And, by abortion, the father is told that he does not have to take any responsibility at all for the child he has brought into the world. That father is likely to put other women into the same trouble. So abortion just leads to more abortion.

Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want. This is why the greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion."

lifesitenews.com/opinion/mother-teresa-hillary-clinton-the-national-prayer-breakfast-and-the-good-sa

I weep daily for the unborn. I plead with God and turn to Our Lady to stop the abortion industries worldwide, including prenatal genetics and disability-specific abortion, a topic that disproportionately targets the disabled. You would think the “discrimination” community would care but even many of these don’t, despite the vulnerability and bitter irony that they are dependent in many instances just as the intimate mother-unborn child is.

How there are even “categories” - early, mid, “late term”, and the notorious infanticides, so-called “after birth” or “post birth abortions” following Australian Jew Peter Singer who is Obama’s Princeton-based Bioethics Czar.

The USA is the wold’s greatest funder of abortion. One of the first things he did upon inauguration was to suspend the Mexico City Policy, insuring US funds went to non-American “family planning” associations that practised and pushed abortion.

Our nation isn’t any better, though we don’t have a “constitutional right” to abortion as the Americans do.

At times I wish I wasn’t an heir with an incoming producing revenue that I pay taxes on - that I know are used to fund abortions nationally and internationally. The same problem exists among the West, led by the now LGBT-extremist USA, and we’re all going downhill quicker back to pagan Rome.

Sacred Heart of Jesus have mercy on us, and Immaculate Heart of Mary pray for us!!! I honestly don’t know how much longer God’s judgment on the world can wait with all the abortions and homosexual abominations going on… and recall also we’re going to bite the “gay marriage” dust as one of the last Western nations to succumb to this sickness.

Our Lady of Fatima pray for us, for as you told Sister Lucia, “the final battle between the Lord and the kingdom of Satan will be about marriage and the family”:

Late-term abortion isn’t even legal in Queensland. I’m assuming that the doctors involved have all been arrested?

As a Queensland lawyer the answer is clear. It is illegal under legislation;
Queensland Criminal Code 1899, sections 224, 225 and 226
However in R v Bayliss and Cullen - Justice McGuire based his ruling on the celebrated English case R v Bourne in 1939 and a Victorian ruling by Justice Menhennit in R v Davidson (1969). The Menhennit ruling defined an abortion as lawful when a doctor had formed a reasonable belief that an abortion was:

necessary to preserve the woman from a serious danger to her life or physical or mental health (not being merely the normal dangers of pregnancy and childbirth) which the continuance of pregnancy would entail; and

in the circumstances not out of proportion to the danger to be averted.

Judge McGuire expressed the firm opinion that the R v Davidson ruling also represented the law in Queensland with respect to sections 224 and 282, ie that s282 of the Criminal Code provides the accepted defence to a charge of unlawful abortion under s224.

Further cases and Therapeutic Guidelines have further watered down any fear a doctor might have of being charged with abortion.
Thus Common Law interpretations of Statute have decimated the intent of Parliament at the formation of the Criminal Code to the detriment of justice and morality in Queensland.

It is the despair of any lawyer that still naively looks for justice in law, morality in the majority or real action from a Church still calcified in middle class polite distaste and mild public protest.

Yup. Denial is not just a river in Egypt. :wink:

What’s this have to do with it?

My thoughts exactly. Besides, Singer is an atheist. :rolleyes:

I find it mind boggling that babies who survive abortions are neglected and allowed to die instead of being given care and put up for adoption.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.