Rite of Election in our diocese was wonderful

:slight_smile:

We went to the early evening one in Dayton, Ohio. HUGE parish called Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception. There’s another one later this evening as well as two simultaneous early evening and one evening Rite in Cincinnati.

The estimate was about 2,000 people in our diocese, judging from last year’s Rite of Election. I think they underestimated it because there were about 400 or 500 at this particular Rite.

But no one thought to bring a camera. :frowning:

Next: the Easter Vigil. :cool:

Glad you had a good time, not too scary then? :wink:

I was worried. Generally, I’m innately pessimistic about a lot of things. Then I find out I was pessimistic for nothing. :slight_smile:

I’m glad. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear yours was nice. Ours (Diocese of Arlington) was very nice as well.

Happy day George C!
R of E was beautiful on a beautiful day here in Rochester, NY!

I’m glad yours went well!

Ours (our part of the expansive Diocese of Austin) will happen this Tues. I am very excited, and a little nervous of course! I have been told that our Bishop is very nice so I have nothing to worry about. But I’m a worry-wart by nature… :smiley:

Congratulations to all, and my prayers for your continued journey to Easter. - Joe

Our’s also went well. I went at a catechist, I teach RCIA for kids, and it was super cool. The whole Cathedral was pretty much filled with people. I just found online that we will have 179 Elect and 329 Candidates. :thumbsup: :smiley:

Ours was great as well. Congratulations and good luck to all the Elect and Candidates!

He is, don’t worry.

So glad it was a great experience. I attented the Archdiocese of Boston’s yesterday, and it too was fabulous. I am on the RCIA team at our parish, it it was wonderful to see so many folks enthusiastically embracing our faith!

I know both your bishop and the bishop emeritus; both are good men. You are very blessed and should not worry. :thumbsup:

Your bishop certainly has a lot of ground to cover.

Oh, no…lots of stuff before then.

The scrutinies on three consecutive Sundays, presentation of the Creed and the Lord’s Prayer, preparation on Holy Saturday…many things to immerse yourself in before you finally get to…

the Easter Vigil!

Oh…? :eek:

The Scruitinies are nothing painful. In fact, they are beautiful. These will involve hearing the readings of the Woman at the Well (3rd Sunday of Lent); the healing of the man born blind (4th Sunday of Lent); and the raising of Lazarus (6th Sunday of Lent).

These are actually prayers that the celebrant will say over you to help further strengthen you along your journey.

The Woman at the Well story is quite beautiful because Jesus helps her to understand who He is and it shows us how merciful he is with us. She was an outcast in her society. She had to draw water during the hottest part of the day while the rest of the women did so early in the morning.

The healing of the man born blind shows us how Jesus manifested his healing power in helping the individual. The man could spiritually “see” Jesus, while the Pharisees were spiritually blind.

Lazarus is pretty much self-explanatory. Conversion means that we are dying to ourselves. Every day is a conversion experience because we experience an interior death every time we turn again to the Lord. We put our vices and inclinations to death.

I hope this helps you.

It does. Thank you. :slight_smile:

I guess the RCIA instructors will explain the next steps to us later.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.