Rite of Election

My Rite of Election ceremony is this Saturday and I am very excited. I never thought I would be this hyped about religion at the age of 47. My RCIA experience has been wonderful so far and I've never felt this type of joy before.

I am happy to hear it. So you will officially be declared members of The Elect and proceed to the period of Purification and Enlightenment!

I'm excited for you!
I facilitate RCIA and this year has been one of my favourite yet.
I remember as if it was yesterday when I sat in the seat, waiting for my name to be called. It's an amazing thing.
What a year, right? And it's just started! Wait until Easter! WOW!
Have a wonderful lent.

I am so happy and excited for you! :D

I remember RCIA being one of the best times of my life. Just wait until the Easter Vigil (is that when you'll become a member of the Church?) -- that'll really knock your socks off! ;)

:

[quote="Delaine75, post:4, topic:315029"]
I am so happy and excited for you! :D

I remember RCIA being one of the best times of my life. Just wait until the Easter Vigil (is that when you'll become a member of the Church?) -- that'll really knock your socks off! ;)

[/quote]

Thanks!! Yes, I will become a member at Easter and I'm excited about Holy Week too.:):

[quote="marlap2, post:3, topic:315029"]
I'm excited for you!
I facilitate RCIA and this year has been one of my favourite yet.
I remember as if it was yesterday when I sat in the seat, waiting for my name to be called. It's an amazing thing.
What a year, right? And it's just started! Wait until Easter! WOW!
Have a wonderful lent.

[/quote]

Thanks!!:)

Congratulations Jkita,
My Rite of Election is this Sunday and I am excited too!
This time last year I had just felt a call to the Catholic church.
RCIA and confirmation seemed very far off but the time has passed quickly.
God bless you in you journey.

[quote="IneedGod, post:7, topic:315029"]
Congratulations Jkita,
My Rite of Election is this Sunday and I am excited too!
This time last year I had just felt a call to the Catholic church.
RCIA and confirmation seemed very far off but the time has passed quickly.
God bless you in you journey.

[/quote]

Thanks! God bless you too. :)

Good stuff! Welcome home!

That is so awesome, Jkita! I am a Candidate so mine will be the Rite of Continuing Conversion, also this coming Sunday (2/17). I began this journey in January 2012; on one hand this year has crept by, but on the other hand, WHOOSH here it is Lent already. These next six weeks simply can't go quickly enough.

Thanks!:slight_smile:

My wife and I will be having ours this Sunday. God Bless all of us taking the second major step on this journey!

[quote="jhyer, post:12, topic:315029"]
My wife and I will be having ours this Sunday. God Bless all of us taking the second major step on this journey!

[/quote]

Amen!

[quote="HoosMommie, post:10, topic:315029"]
That is so awesome, Jkita! I am a Candidate so mine will be the Rite of Continuing Conversion, also this coming Sunday (2/17). I began this journey in January 2012; on one hand this year has crept by, but on the other hand, WHOOSH here it is Lent already. These next six weeks simply can't go quickly enough.

[/quote]

I started my RCIA class September 2012, I've been told I'm lucky to only have to go for six months. Congratulations! on completing one year and God bless you. :)

[quote="Jkita, post:1, topic:315029"]
My Rite of Election ceremony is this Saturday and I am very excited. I never thought I would be this hyped about religion at the age of 47. My RCIA experience has been wonderful so far and I've never felt this type of joy before.

[/quote]

I just finished my Rite of Election ceremony and it was beautiful. My priest called my name, I am so blessed. :extrahappy:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.