Robert Jeffress Urged to Apologize for Saying Catholic Church 'Genius of Satan'

christianpost.com/news/robert-jeffress-urged-apologize-saying-catholic-church-genius-of-satan-158572/

Catholic League President Bill Donohue is calling on Pastor Robert Jeffress of First Baptist Church in Dallas to apologize this week for suggesting the Catholic Church doesn’t come from God, but from a cult-like pagan religion inspired by Satan.

Donohue made the comments during a radio interview on “The Alan Colmes Show” earlier this week, when he was invited to speak about the controversy surrounding the Pope Francis–Donald Trump debate over the U.S. Mexico border and illegal immigration.

Yes, he, John Hagee, Jimmy Swaggart have all said these kinds of negative things.

Some other Pentecostal and Fundamentalist types of preachers have been, I"d say kind in their words.

Tim Tebow was going to give a speech at Jeffress’ church and then pulled out, I think that is because of some of Jeffress’s controversial types of statements which he has also apparently made on gays.

If one googles “Seven Mountains” theology, Dominionism, unfortunately, Ted Cruz’s father may have taught this before.

This Daily Beast article may even touch on it: thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/14/does-ted-cruz-think-he-s-the-messiah.html

Someone else clued me in, it’d make me really think about whether in the primaries, I’d vote for Cruz.

I hope I can say all of these things without being outside the guidelines of this forum.

Just to be fair, Rubio obviously knows a lot of Evangelicals as well.

Yes there are people in the world who think this. The man is following in the tradition of many other anti-Catholic spokespeople. At least one knows where the man stands, instead of having him put on a false face of brotherhood. People will make up their minds.

Do we really want people to be making insincere apologies? What good is that going to do?

He appears on Fox News all the time. I find this quite creepy.

Exactly.
I’m sure people call on Mr Donohue to apologize for the Church’s stance on marriage, abortion &c.

Neil Cavuto, Sean Hannity, Bill O’Reilly. They sound like Catholic names.

I’d like to see what other network has near practicing Catholics on its nightly news.

Good for Fox News.

Not easy to find a list. My searches turn up Catholic media sites, like EWTN. :shrug:

Hannity was raised Catholic but left the Church and is pretty hostile to it these days.
nationalreview.com/corner/138877/sean-hannitys-problem-catholicism-michael-potemra
I think he is Evangelical or nonpracticing.

Megyn Kelly is Catholic; as is Bill O’Reilly; I think both practicing, definitely both raised. Many others on Fox are Catholic too. They are pretty fair about religion, but they are definitely equal time to Evangelicalism. I saw Hannity really go after a Catholic priest a week or so ago over the Pope’s comment about Trump. Nasty.

Neil Cavuto, strong Catholic, the others, I can not judge.

Fox additionally has Judge Jeannine Pirlo and Judge Napolitano. Judge Jeannine does call herself Catholic on her show. Napolitano probably has at the least a Catholic background.

Fox like EWTN but not as extensively, has carried the Pope’s visits live, notably the Philippines. It seems creepy to put down Fox but this is a ploy of the left.

Those statements are insulting. Who am I to judge a persons faith.

Fox has been said to have been for Rubio.

A common ploy of the left is to put down Fox but they are not the topic of this thread.

What is insulting?

Fox is divided - they give airtime to all viewpoints in the GOP. Hannity pushes Trump; Kelly pushes Rubio; O’Reilly is neutral. It is all very subtle and they do all make an effort at neutrality; but you can see through it - except for O’Reilly - can’t read him.

Kirsten Powers, one of the network’s frequent panelists, was recently received into the Church as well.

Martha MacCallum, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Eric Bolling off the top of my head.

I’m sorry to point this out…but I’ve seen a lot people on this forum make similar statements about non-Catholic religions…and not many bat an eyelash.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.