Robertson: Disasters point to 2nd Coming

I don’t know when jesus is coming, but I can understand why some people believe it will be soon.

worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46737

[quote=Sirach14]I don’t know when jesus is coming, but I can understand why some people believe it will be soon.

worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46737
[/quote]

Because they think they know more than God. Only God knows when the end will be, but people cannot stand that. Pride is one of the greatest sins.

PF

[quote=WanderAimlessly]Because they think they know more than God. Only God knows when the end will be, but people cannot stand that. Pride is one of the greatest sins.

PF
[/quote]

:amen: :gopray:

~Stacey :shamrock:

:slight_smile: :thumbsup: I afree. Amen :

People always want to guess though. Sometimes I wish Jesus would hurry, but God wants to save as many people as he can. This is really important.

Our memories in the human race are short. That’s why in this age, natural disasters that happen in such succession seem so inexplicable, we naturally want to think and believe that this is sign of the “end of times.” We forget that many times, God has sent his wrath upon many ages, yet God does forgive. Trust in the Lord that He will help all who believe and obey his commands. He hasn’t let us down over the centuries - he won’t let us down now if we continue to be steady in our faith and allow His commands of love to work in our lives.

Disasters = reminders from God to love. :thumbsup:

He never said the end times where coming, he said they might be coming. I don’t see how this is anything other than what we should expect for we don’t know the hour it’ll come. So repent and always be ready. Also keep in mind todays readings, do not go to the banquet without your wedding garment.

First of all, I have very little respect for the prophetic utterances of Robertson, who in my opinion is a pompous, opportunistic, self-congratulatory windbag. Sorry if that sounds unkind, but that is my honest assessment of him.

Second point is, natural disasters have been occuring throughout the ages. Just because we have mass electronic media that brings it all instantly into our living rooms, doesn’t mean that there are any more earthquakes, hurracaines, mudslides, etc than before.

We used to have more and worse natural disasters. The country that is now called Bangladesh used to be on the receiving end of cyclones that would kill 1/4 million people at one time. China has had earthquakes that killed huge numbers of people. Read the new book, “Climate Crashes” by [John] Cox. An earthquake in the U.S. midwest substantially wiped out whole Indian cultures.

What is “scarier” to me than the natural disasters is the rapid increase in the number and frequency of the apparitions of Mary.

There is no way we can forecast the future. We can’t even forecast the energy that comes from the sun… just when we figure it out, it changes.

Some famous person, Yogi Berra or someone, suggested it was difficult to make predictions, particularly about the future.

This fake preacher is the last guy catholics should even be talking about with an sense of seriousness. According to approved revelations by the OUR church, and the events that must occur, we are a long way off from the end.

I heard William Donohue destroy Franklin Graham the other night over the very same type of comment. It’s too bad that we don’t get to hear from more Catholics when these things happen. Instead, they pull quotes from religious fanatics/profiteers who make Christianity look bad.

[quote=Thekla]I heard William Donohue destroy Franklin Graham the other night over the very same type of comment. It’s too bad that we don’t get to hear from more Catholics when these things happen. Instead, they pull quotes from religious fanatics/profiteers who make Christianity look bad.
[/quote]

Exactly. The MSM is basically anti-christian since it is the polar opposite of their Moral Relativism.

PF

Every day that the sun rises we are closer to the 2nd coming. We just don’t know when Jesus will appear in glory in the sky. St. Faustina has some powerful visions about the end times-it is described in her diary.

Couple reminders, Robertson said might, not will.

Second remember when it comes to the media if it bleeds it leads, if its a story that the end times is not near, then it’s on the cutting room floor.

[quote=WanderAimlessly]Exactly. The MSM is basically anti-christian since it is the polar opposite of their Moral Relativism.

PF
[/quote]

I’m not sure. Maybe they think that the loony leaders they put on ARE representative of mainstream Christians and I think that they can always be depended on to make outrageous statements.

The problem also seems to be that the religious fanatics/profiteers are media savvy and on “the list of people to call.” Franklin Graham said that the people of the Gulf Coast were being punished by God and Donahue tore him to bits. But Donahue isn’t Church leadership.

I’m surprised that you are all so dismissive of this possibility. Consider not only natural disasters, but the state of Christianity in Europe and Canada, the advance of the culture of death, the prophecies of St. Malachy that B16 is the second to last pope, and the apparitions of Mary, bird flu and other possible disasters in the near future. There is a strong case for the end being near - JMHO.

[quote=BlindSheep]I’m surprised that you are all so dismissive of this possibility. Consider not only natural disasters, but the state of Christianity in Europe and Canada, the advance of the culture of death, the prophecies of St. Malachy that B16 is the second to last pope, and the apparitions of Mary, bird flu and other possible disasters in the near future. There is a strong case for the end being near - JMHO.
[/quote]

People thought the world was coming to an end during the great European plagues of the middle ages. Well, here we all are, 500, 800, 1000 years later. Each era in history has had its share of disasters and destruction. If you’re living in an area that is undergoing upheaval, then your world and all that you know and are familiar with has come to an end, in a matter of speaking. Having said that, I do believe the Lord is trying to get our attention with all these disasters, but we cannot know that this is “The End” – that could be centuries away…or maybe next week. I’ll admit, though, the news headlines certainly do fit the prophecies. There’s no such thing as coincidence with God.

Matthew 24:4-8
4Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, **but the end is still to come. **7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the **beginning **of birth pains.

We are probably only at the starting line in the Grand Plan.

[quote=BlindSheep]I’m surprised that you are all so dismissive of this possibility. Consider not only natural disasters, but the state of Christianity in Europe and Canada, the advance of the culture of death, the prophecies of St. Malachy that B16 is the second to last pope, and the apparitions of Mary, bird flu and other possible disasters in the near future. There is a strong case for the end being near - JMHO.
[/quote]

I don’t think the ‘culture of death’ is any stronger today than it was in the past. I believe it’s taken on a new form, with the legalisation of abortion, that’s true. But, if you go back 100 yrs or 500 yrs, I think you’d be shocked to see that the gross disregard of human life was extremely common. Protection of human rights was unknown, with kings being given free and unquestioned reign to have people tortured and killed at their royal whim. Serfs were considered expendible, Africans were thought of as sub-human, a man could beat his wife to death with impunity. So, as King Solomon says “there’s nothing new uunder the sun”.

I think every generation tends to over-dramatize their own sufferings and disasters. Need I remind you all of World 2 and the 50 million who died?

[quote=jman507]Couple reminders, Robertson said might, not will.

Second remember when it comes to the media if it bleeds it leads, if its a story that the end times is not near, then it’s on the cutting room floor.
[/quote]

Yeah, and Robertson also said we should kill a head of state.

[quote=wabrams]Yeah, and Robertson also said we should kill a head of state.
[/quote]

So does that mean when he says the end times might be coming, we can chang that to mean the end times are coming now?

Yes, he did say that we should assisinate Chavez, there was an outcry, and I say rightfully so. He apologized, though he still thinks he should be taken away from his head of state status. Maybe that is right, maybe that is wrong, but I don’t think that means we should be misrepresenting or bearing false witness to what he is saying.

[quote=jman507]So does that mean when he says the end times might be coming, we can chang that to mean the end times are coming now?

Yes, he did say that we should assisinate Chavez, there was an outcry, and I say rightfully so. He apologized, though he still thinks he should be taken away from his head of state status. Maybe that is right, maybe that is wrong, but I don’t think that means we should be misrepresenting or bearing false witness to what he is saying.
[/quote]

So you believe what he is saying?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.