Robinson "homosexuality is an abomination."

Iris Robinson that is, has created quite a storm here with her comments.

Only last week Mrs Robinson, who is a Member of Parliament, as well as a member of the Northern Ireland Assembly, had already sparked outrage this week, when she claimed publicly that as a Christian she saw homosexuality as an abomination.

Source

Well I mostly agree with her, apart from I think the act is an abomination.

Anyway they’re calling for her head, and it’s a first for me but I sent an email in support of her, to the Nolan show.

More

Don’t you think you ought to warn the unsuspecting about who Mrs Robinson actually is and what her Party has been historically about?

I wonder if turning her hatred towards gays is helping her come to terms with power-sharing with Catholics?

Robinson would never say such a thing.

You need to read the links and not “knee jerk” she said in one of them, that we “love the sinner and hate the sin.”

Yes she is a DUP (democratic unionist party member) the newly appointed first minister is her husband.

But I’m sure many won’t need to know a lot about who she is, and I wasn’t posting the past bigoted N, Ireland politics.

This is something Catholics and Protestants agree with over here, along with the DUP who oppose abortion.

Although there are political quarrels, there is common ground on abortion and practicing homosexuality.

How did I know you were going to post that ? :wink:

Yes, I can see it now, the IRA and UVF united in knee-capping gays. Quite touching really.

LOL, you really do get the wrong end of what it’s really like over here.

Gays were beaten before her statement, and she is not calling for them to be kneecapped, she is just expressing her religious belief, can’t she do that ?

Shall we all bow to others opinions and not be able to express our own, ? I support her statement, but like her I don’t advocate violence, I know a few gays and never lifted a finger to any of them.

If they asked me if what they were doing was sinful (practicing) I’d tell them yes, just like they’d tell me it isn’t, that’s called an opinion.

Where do you think I am?

Gays were beaten before her statement, and she is not calling for them to be kneecapped, she is just expressing her religious belief, can’t she do that ?

I just suggested that before parading her as some kind of paragon, people ought to know that she represents a Party with a history of vituperation against the Catholic community.

I’m Jewish and a vegetarian. Hitler was a vegetarian. I would not choose to quote Hitler as a paragon of vegetarianism.

Of course homosexuality is an abomination. The more politicians recognize that and adjust their policy positions in line with that recognition, the better.

Unfortunately, it is getting to be more and more no everyday. The Secular Relativist do not believe that Christians and especially Catholics have any rights. They hate us because they see us as a threat to their power.

homosexuality is an abomination, however the individuals should not be treated as such. They need your prayers and compassion which you can do without accepting the lifestyle.

Is there any sin that isn’t an abomination to our perfect God?

1. anything abominable; anything greatly disliked or abhorred.
  2. intense aversion or loathing; detestation: He regarded lying with abomination.
  3. a vile, shameful, or detestable action, condition, habit, etc.: Spitting in public is an abomination.

Think I read that you visited Ireland in the past ? your probably European mainland, hey if your in Ireland call round.

I just suggested that before parading her as some kind of paragon, people ought to know that she represents a Party with a history of vituperation against the Catholic community.

I’m sure many who are not from here are more switched onto what happened here than you give them credit.

I’m Jewish and a vegetarian. Hitler was a vegetarian. I would not choose to quote Hitler as a paragon of vegetarianism.

God choose people that many would consider inappropriate for the job.

Shall we condemn Saul for time and memorial because he killed Christians ?

There is a mood of change here, I wasn’t sanctioning her past, I was agreeing with her stance, that is that she should be allowed to express her religious beliefs.

And I wasn’t agreeing with St Paul’s past either.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.