Rock Bands

what R ur fav rock bands, and what are ur favorite songs?:whistle:

I’ve been listening to the greatest hits of Nirvana and I’m into Smells like Teen Spirit:yup: , You Know You’re Right:banghead: (the video for the song is great, not like all the others), and Rape Me:thumbsup:

I play guitar and you appreciate this stuff more. by the way, any guitar players here?

Some of my favorite bands:
Linkin Park
Maroon 5
MXPX
New Found Glory
Seven Sorrows
Switchfoot
The Calling

Favorite songs:
All Downhill from Here by New Found Glory.
Breaking the Habit & Somewhere I Belong by Linkin Park
Broken Hearted by MXPX
Dare You to Move &* Meant to Live* by Switchfoot
Regret by Seven Sorrows
This Love by Maroon 5

Linkinpark’s Faint is tripin, and Meant to live is cool too. Ur lucky, u live in california. Are u into any punk?:cool:

originally posted by random guy
favorite songs of Nirvana **Rape Me **:thumbsup:

Are you for real? :ehh: This is a Catholic form.

I second that motion. However there are TONS of good christian rock bands, you just gotta dig for 'em. :smiley: In His name we rock…Pax.

hey castrus, dont judge a book by its cover. rape me is about a guy who rapes a girl and goes to jail for it, where he is raped.:wink: kind of fits in with those who live by the sword die by it.

journey to the center of the mind, by the amboydukes, teacher by jethro tull, baby its you by smith. now that was music!

You know, I used to like Nirvana a lot more than I do now. I was considerably disillusioned in 1994 when Cobain decided to shoot himself, thus abandoning his wife and infant daughter, and setting a horrid example for the millions of teenagers who idolized him. That said, I still like the song “Lithium”. Fun lyrics.

I’m a big fan of Fleetwood Mac- grew up listening to them. Their guitarist, Lindsey Buckingham, is amazing. George Harrison of the Beatles was also really good. I also admit to a fondness for Van Halen (the Sammy Hagar years). Eddie Van Halen is also a great guitarist.

Hi seekr jen . howabout fleetwood mac during the robert welch nad peter fogg years, the song hypnotised. that was awesome.

you know, there are many who say kurt was murdered, and courtney and kurt were in the process of getting a divorce(not that that’s good either) and i have to agree with you on lithium because it was the first nirvana song i got stuck in my head:thumbsup:

[quote=random guy]you know, there are many who say kurt was murdered, and courtney and kurt were in the process of getting a divorce(not that that’s good either) and i have to agree with you on lithium because it was the first nirvana song i got stuck in my head:thumbsup:
[/quote]

Having seen Kurt’s very public demise (as I was at the time one of those impressionable teenagers), I would be extremely skeptical of any source claiming that he was murdered. Whatever really did happen, it was tragic, especially for his daughter. Poor Frances. Having Courtney Love as your only living parent can’t help.

Hmmm…I also enjoy REM, and the Cure. I’m a big fan of Motown music, although it’s not too guitar-heavy. Just great voices, great songs, and great backing bands.

yeah, but think about it. kurt supposedly wanted to die young cause of his “rockstar genes”. I mean come on, the guy was tormented by the thought of selling out. Supposedly, he wanted In Utero to shake all the unloyal fans and jocks etc. That’s supposedly why he would show up to shows in womens clothes etc. i know its not exactly solid evidence, but based on what i have, i think he was largely influenced to commit suicide.

Anybody here in a band?:cool:

Kurt Cobain killed himself, everyone loves a conspriracy theory.

Bon Jovi

Nickleback

Creed

Various 80’s music (early 80’s pop/ new wave, late 80’s metal)

Christian music:
Rich Mullins
Considering Lily
Rebecca St.James

[quote=rayne89]Kurt Cobain killed himself, everyone loves a conspriracy theory.
[/quote]

yeah, i agree with the last part but lelts leave the first part at unsure. theres way too many things like that around about how people died like hitler, you know. unless you were there, well then its a different story. He was on a lot of drugs though…

[quote=random guy]Anybody here in a band?:cool:
[/quote]

I used to be; in a bunch of them (none anyone here has heard of).But now I can’t find new people to jam with. How ridiculous!

The Who
The Ramones
Black Sabbath.

[quote=random guy]Linkinpark’s Faint is tripin, and Meant to live is cool too. Ur lucky, u live in california. Are u into any punk?:cool:
[/quote]

I’m kinda into punk, but most of the rock that I listen to are like the bands I listed in my earlier post. :cool:

[quote=random guy]Anybody here in a band?:cool:
[/quote]

Seven_Sorrows is! :thumbsup:

I grew up as a punk. Played in the Norcal scene up until a few months agon. Didn’t think i’d find that word in these forums. I have nothing else to say.

My favorite rock band is Queen. I love their stuff from the seventies-Sheer Heart Attack, A Night At The Opera and A Day At The Races are all classics. What’s kind of funny, though, is that my favorite song of theirs is “These Are The Days Of Our Lives” which came off their last album. But they were a great band. Very diverse-they wrote in a lot of different genres, which makes them great to listen to. You never get bored with them. They didn’t just right the same stuff over and over again.

I also love Amy Grant. I’m a huge Amy Grant fan. My husband always laughs at me because I can go from listening to Queen to listening to Amy Grant. Talk about being at opposite ends of the spectrum. :slight_smile:

Scout :tiphat:

Having been raised on 80’s “hair” metal, it’s still my favorite. Nothing like guys in spandex with big hair and the amps turned up to 11. Scorpions, Def Leppard, Ratt, Dokken, Crue, Winger, Poison, Kiss, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Cinderella, Britney Fox, Aerosmith and Whitesnake. I also have a special place in my heart for Boston, Journey, the Doobie Brothers and Billy Squire. However, and I KNOW I’ll get laughs from this crew, my absolute favorite was and still is Stryper, that big hair Christian metal band of the late 80s - early 90s. I’ve actually corresponded with Michael Sweet a couple of times.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.