Rock musician takes on ecclesiastical Latin - what do you think?

I hope this comes true when I die.

spiritandsong.com/musicondemand/songs/1624

Lyrics:

In paradisum deducant angeli,
in tuo adventu suscipiant te martyres
et perducant te
in civitatem sanctam Jerusalem.
Chorus angelorum te suscipiat
et cum Lazaro, quondam paupere,
aeternam habeas requiem.

(english translation)
May angels guide you and lead you into paradise,
may all the martyrs come forth to welcome you home
and may they lead you
into the holy city Jerusalem.
May the angel chorus sing to welcome you
and like Lazarus, forgotten and poor,
you shall have everlasting rest.

wow. :thumbsup:

That song was beautiful! I gave me goose bumps. Just curious, is the artist Catholic? Can his music be purchased anywhere? Thanks for sharing that! God bless.

Hi mom4truth - I am glad you liked this song too! I also find it very moving.

Yes Curtis Stephan is Catholic - he is also a full-time music minister at his parish. I think this is really cool, because although his albums are terrific, he is not even a full-time “star” so to speak, as some of the Christian stars spend all their time and energy promoting themselves and being in show business.

You can buy his latest album online here:
spiritandsong.com/store/music/20008
(you can also buy just the mp3 of certain individual songs if you look for the links.)

Does anybody know if this is a traditional latin funeral hymn?

I think it is a traditional funeral hymn.

Yes, that’s what they used to chant when the body was being taken out after the funeral Mass. If I’m not mistaken, I think they sang this at JPII’s funeral.

Thanks Tenebrae :thumbsup:

Did you listen to the song? What do you think?

I tried to listen to it, but it wouldn’t play on my computer. (We still have dial-up.) Maybe I just didn’t wait long enough for it to load. I’ll try again.

Wow. Incredible. Interesting mix. :thumbsup:

I’m glad you liked it. Just thought I’d mention that the artist, Curtis Stephan, is also a Texan and a musician like yourself. He lives in Carrolton (i think). God bless!

Thanks! :cool:

The song is very beautiful and I like the lyrics.:thumbsup:

Any one know if Curtis Stephan’s In Paradisium can be purchased at a music store? I keep repalying this song. It’s so mysterious/eerie, yet brings one into the grace of God! Awesome!

hi mom4truth - i think the best way is to buy the CD thru the website… or you can also buy the mp3 of just that song thru the website as well - God bless you and yours!

Thank you, Urban. I will do that - purchase his CD through the website. Thanks again! God bless you, too! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.