Rock Singer Madonna and Opus Dei?

Eh???
I know she grew up Catholic, but what’s this?

The one and only comment on this reads:

This story came out about a year and a half ago.
If you have seen her in the
media lately, you might not think she is thinking too seriously about
Catholicism.
But hey, keep praying. I hope one day she does convert- she could
be a very powerful influence on a lot of people- in a good way.

From the story:

Of course, Madonna is welcomed and encouraged to pursue such transformative, life-altering endeavors. An essential part of the Christian life constitutes in partaking in what Joseph Ratzinger, before becoming Pope, once called the “death-event” - the interior conversion experience of an old self “dying” so a new, truer self - existing in mystical union with Christ - can be born. Renewal and transformation are the requisites of any serious spiritual life, of any serious spiritual person. As Paul famously proclaimed after his “death-event,” his great conversion on the Road to Damascus, “I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me” (Gal. 2:20)

From the little I know of her this seems unlikely, but we can always pray for such a conversion.

I am not sure there was every any truth to the rumor, but given her recent public statements, it seems unlikely to be true now. A couple days ago she was speaking out in support fo the controversial Russian band which had just been convicted. And a couple weeks ago, she gave a concert in St. Petersburg, Russia where she criticized the city’s anti-gay policies despite the city warning her in advance not to do so.

That latter action has a group of Russians suing her.

chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-rt-us-russia-madonna-lawsuitbre87g0to-20120817,0,6747819.story

Wasn’t she into Kabbalah a few years ago?

Into a simplistic version of it which seemed to be a fad amongst rock stars and others for a time is what I’d say regarding her involvement with that.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.