Roku Catholics

I purchased a Roku to be able to watch EWTN.

Yesterday I was scrolling through the channel store and found two more great channels!

"Catholic TV" and one by the Newman Centers.

If you have broadband internet, a Roku is better than sliced bread!

What is a Roku?:confused:

[quote="triumphguy, post:2, topic:275966"]
What is a Roku?:confused:

[/quote]

The greatest gadget ever made roku.com/

[quote="Castello, post:1, topic:275966"]

Yesterday I was scrolling through the channel store and found two more great channels!

"Catholic TV" and one by the Newman Centers.!

[/quote]

The announcement that CatholicTV was making its broadcasts available via Roku was just made today.
boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2012/03/04/catholictv_announces_partnership_with_roku/

It looks as if you bought your Roku at the right time. :)

BTW, I had never heard of Roku either. Apparently it is a device for streaming television and movies over the internet, and having the results appear on your television set. You don't even need to have a computer.

But I believe you do need broadband.

[quote="Ramalama, post:5, topic:275966"]
But I believe you do need broadband.

[/quote]

Oh, I think so. Back when I had dial-up, it was hard to stream audio without repeated delays for buffering. I can't imagine streaming video on a dial-up connection. :o

But I get your point. If someone is going to pay for broadband and watch TV via Roku, as opposed to paying for a cable or satellite TV service, that person might as well have a computer, too.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.