Roman Missal updated on 19 June 2013. A first?

The Roman Missal has been modified so that the Eucharistic Prayers II, III and IV have "Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God,** with blessed Joseph, her Spouse,**".

The decree is at vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/ccdds/documents/rc_con_ccdds_doc_20130501_san-giuseppe_en.html .
By looking at Source View for this page the following information is revealed:
meta name="date.created" content="2013-05-01" />
<meta name="date.issued" content="2013-06-19"

Are priests aware of it? What is being said in Mass?

Has this kind of update been done before?

What are the implications for future changes of the Roman Missal, trusting the printed text?

Yes, it has been implemented in my parish.
Historically, there have been revisions many times to the Roman Missal.

In 1962 St. Joseph’s name was added to the Roman Canon,

It happens periodically over the years. Not a big deal.

Not to diminish St. Joseph, but this seems like a minor tweak. Glad he's in there. Personally, I'm quite fond of Joseph.

Other sites with information about this:

James Akin at catholic.com/blog/jimmy-akin/“with-blessed-joseph-her-spouse” .

USCCB at usccb.org/news/2013/13-115.cfm which includes "The revised prayers are approved to be used immediately."

Fr Z's Blog: wdtprs.com/blog/2013/06/action-item-st-josephs-name-now-in-eucharistic-prayers-ii-iii-iv/ .

Where were you Advent 2011?;)

[quote="JuantheTuba, post:7, topic:330582"]
Where were you Advent 2011?;)

[/quote]

Actually, Advent 2011 was merely a promulgation of the new English vernacular translation. The Roman Missal, Third Edition was released in Latin in 2000. The reason it took so long is because Liturgiam Authenticam followed hot on its heels in March 2001, and prescribed an entirely new way of translating liturgical texts. I believe that the English-speaking world completely skipped the Second Edition released in 1975. So Advent 2011 was the first time in 38 years that English speakers received a revision of the Missal, but there have been plenty of revisions along the way that we may not have noticed.

[quote="Elizium23, post:8, topic:330582"]
Actually, Advent 2011 was merely a promulgation of the new English vernacular translation. The Roman Missal, Third Edition was released in Latin in 2000. The reason it took so long is because Liturgiam Authenticam followed hot on its heels in March 2001, and prescribed an entirely new way of translating liturgical texts. I believe that the English-speaking world completely skipped the Second Edition released in 1975. So Advent 2011 was the first time in 38 years that English speakers received a revision of the Missal, but there have been plenty of revisions along the way that we may not have noticed.

[/quote]

Ah no I realize that, but I was just mentioning it, as a way to show that retranslations, additions, etc. aren't anything unprecedented.

I uppose a better example would've been "Where were you Advent 1969?" :D

Nothing was mentioned to the people at our parish. The priests just inserted it. I honestly don’t think most people noticed the change unless they were reading along, which since we don’t have missalettes most people would not.

Weren't the dismissal options changed in 2008 or so?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.