Romania Eyes Legalizing Consensual Incest, Wouldn't Be First Country in Europe

“If brothers and sisters want to have fun, why should they be imprisoned? It is nobody’s business what I do in my bedroom,” Ionut Breazu of Cluj told the Associated Press.

foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510016,00.html

Oh boy, does this takes me back! Anyone else remember when the same sex debate was at this stage? This time maybe we’ll be less naive about where this is headed. Fool me once . . .

Daddums :slight_smile:

When the argument is “why shouldn’t two people who love each other have the right to marry”, this is prety inclusive for sure.

It is all about destroying marriage. As long as the radical feminist argument that marriage enslaves women is accepted, then all things that trivialize traditional marriage, and separate marriage from procreation and child-rearing are considered a good.

Well, isn’t that special.

Yes, I remember that older debate. There is worse to come. Again, tell me why the Truth isn’t black and white? Bueller? Anyone?

So sex is reduced to fun, and abortions are a great way of getting rid of kids they don’t want, likes ones born from incestuous relationships.:frowning: I think they’ve thrown common sense out the window in their attempt to be more like Europe. I know it would be violent, but I wonder what Vlad’s reaction to this idea have been?

Sailor Kenshin- the truth isn’t black and white because no one wants to admit that when you get black ink wet you get a spectrum of various colors staining your once black and white paper.:rolleyes:

Er while I agree legalising this would be horrendous how can Romania try to be like Europe - it’s always been part of Europe! Just as a side note though Europe has never bene some homogenous groups of states all sharing the exact same outlook on the majority of issues. Americans here have a tendency ot use ‘Europe’ in some vague generalised way - on the other side Europeans here have a tendency to not realise how complex and multi-faceted America really is as well.

Erm… yeah… because Romania is really the bastion of gay rights in Europe :smiley:

Doesn’t incest happen a lot in the Bible? I didn’t think there was a Catholic teaching against it (excluding I would think parent-child relationships), but I could be wrong.

So then incest must be okay! :rolleyes:

If we are honest with ourselves, we have to admit that this describes us as much as them. We as a culture have reduced sex to fun and turned attraction into a recreational activity. It is part of our culture and we all participate. We are all guilty to some degree. The question is no longer whether it’s wrong to use sex and attraction for having fun but rather how far can we go before it’s a sin.

Ned Flanders: “What do you think, reverend?”

Reverend Lovejoy: “Once something has been approved by the government, it’s no longer immoral.”

-$pringfield (Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Legalized Gambling)

:rolleyes:

James

I’m not saying it’s ok in my moral code, but my moral code is different than the Bible. People say war is in the Bible, and drinking, portrayed pretty normally, so that it’s ok. Incest is also portrayed I think very normally in the Bible (cousins and even siblings), so is it wrong according to Catholic teaching?

It is an especially grave offense.

Incest designates intimate relations between relatives or in-laws within a degree that prohibits marriage between them.181 St. Paul stigmatizes this especially grave offense: "It is actually reported that there is immorality among you . . . for a man is living with his father’s wife. . . . In the name of the Lord Jesus . . . you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh. . . ."182 Incest corrupts family relationships and marks a regression toward animality.

vatican.va/archive/catechism/p3s2c2a6.htm

Geee…I remember when certain detractors said that the legalization of “same-sex marriages” would not lead to the legalization of stuff like incest. :rolleyes:

This is just another crack in the foundation of society that is furthering the implosion of society.

Have you checked whether Romania allows same-sex marriages?

This is just another crack in the foundation of society that is furthering the implosion of society.

How exactly would a crack in a foundation lead to an implosion?

What if children are produced by this? It make me sick to think of what they will face and how they might be physically impaired through such a travesty

That’s why they have abortion on demand.

Someone says in this article that just because it’s immoral doesn’t mean it should be illegal.
There are states in the US that feel the need to address whether bestialty should be legal or not.
My husband remarked that once they get gay marriage then incest and bestiality will become the next taboo to fall.
Dear God forgive us.

Wouldn’t want to discriminate against anyone’s sexual preferences.

Pedophiles will soon be complaining that they are also entitled to equal treatment of their own sexual preferences.

The law is filled with enablers…allowing all kinds of filth…it’s little more than a sewer

:signofcross:

Will there come a time when man becomes so wicked even God will not listen to prayers for lenience?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.