Romans 3. 22?

I have pondered this for years: …the uprightness/righteousness of God that come through FAITH in Jesus Christ toward all who believe…

Is this FAITH God’s faith?

Is this FAITH Jesus’ faith?

Is this FAITH Jesus’ and God’s faith?

Is the FAITH the faith of the human being that believes in Jesus?

THANKS!

I believe it’s referring to God’s righteousness being revealed to us originally through the law, but now though us having faith in Jesus Christ.

sudy

Thanks!

I believe that is what most of us think.

THANKS!
My Greek is too weak to pass a judgment on the text.

I am hoping that those that understand Greek see this thread.

I think trying to understand one verse in isolation will most often lead to erroneous interpretation. Ill bet reading the entire letter will illuminate the understanding.

Here is the Navarre Bible’s commentary :

***Romans 3:21-22: **The doctrinal richness of this text and of the whole passage (vv. 21-26) is here condensed in a way very typical of St. Paul’s style. *Read more…

Hi, Jim!

…Faith in Jesus… no etymology here… but consider all passages that demonstrates this, here are a few: St. John 1:9-13; St. John 3:16-21:

[FONT=“Garamond”][size=]…8 Because it is by grace that you have been saved, through faith; not by anything of your own, but by a gift from God; 9 not by anything that you have done, so that nobody can claim the credit. 10 We are God’s work of art, created in Christ Jesus to live the good life as from the beginning he had meant us to live it. Reconciliation of the Jews and the pagans with each other and with God 11 Do not forget, then, that there was a time when you who were pagans physically, termed the Uncircumcised by those who speak of themselves as the Circumcision by reason of a physical operation, 12 do not forget, I say, that you had no Christ and were excluded from membership of Israel, aliens with no part in the covenants with their Promise; you were immersed in this world, without hope and without God. 13 But now in Christ Jesus, you that used to be so far apart from us have been brought very close, by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is the peace between us, and has made the two into one and broken down the barrier which used to keep them apart, actually destroying in his own person the hostility…

(Ephesians 2:1-22)
Maran atha!

Angel

[/size][/FONT]

Catechism of the Catholic Church 168: “It is the Church that believes first, and so bears, nourishes and sustains my faith.”

To all: Thanks!

After seeing the Hab. 2: 4 is God’s faith.
I now believe it is divine faith that we accept that gives us faith, and it is divine faith.

Hi, Jim!

…while responding to another post I came across Romans 1… and as I read your post the Word jumped right at me:

[FONT=“Garamond”][size=]17 since this is what reveals the justice of God to us: it shows how faith leads to faith, or as scripture says: The upright man finds life through faith.

(Romans 1:17)
…and an old reading also jumped in:

2a Let us not lose sight of Jesus, who leads us in our faith and brings it to perfection

(Hebrews 12:2a)
God is the source and fulfillment of our Faith!

Maran atha!

Angel

[/size][/FONT]

If we take note of the SINGULAR term “Faith” as even GOD can not hold not only differing faith beliefs on the same defined issues; then YES!

BUT perhaps a more personal; a more relevant question is what does IT [singular] actually mean to 'believe in Jesus" AND can this separated from total and humble obedience to Christ?

GBY

Patrick

PJM

Sorry, I am unable to get your idea on the last post, any further help?

jcrichton
I must be too sleepy, I am not sure what your telling me, sorry.
You are saying that God’s faith is given to us?

THANKS!!!

JIm, please post the NUMBER of the post you “missed” and I will gladly respond to it:)

God Bless you

Patrick

PMJ

(Oh, I am puzzled over the Greek Orthodoxy’s translation and the KJV.

They seem almost the same for Romans; I have not had time to check every chapter, but they seem really close.)

Hi, Jim!

…remember the account of Cain and Abel?

…where in Scriptures do we find a Command to Worship and make Sacrificial Offerings… such formulas did not come into effect till hundreds of years later… yet, Cain and Abel, compelled by Yahweh God, felt the need to Worship and to make Sacrificial Offerings…

…through the Word/Son, God Initiates (bring forth into our being) Faith; but not just that… through Jesus our Faith in God is nurtured and brought to fruition (completeness/fulfillment).

Maran atha!

Angel

Originally Posted by Jim Baur View Post
I have pondered this for years: …the uprightness/righteousness of God that come through FAITH in Jesus Christ toward all who believe…

Is this FAITH God’s faith?

Is this FAITH Jesus’ faith?

Is this FAITH Jesus’ and God’s faith?

Is the FAITH the faith of the human being that believes in Jesus?

[quoteTHANKS!
If we take note of the SINGULAR term “Faith” as even GOD can not hold not only differing faith beliefs on the same defined issues; then YES!

BUT perhaps a more personal; a more relevant question is what does IT [singular] actually mean to 'believe in Jesus" AND can this separated from total and humble obedience to Christ?

GBY

Patrick end quote

Jim the point I was TRYING to make is that not ALL faith beliefs are equal in GOD"S view.

TRUTH can be nothing else but singular per defined issue; hence even God can hold to ONLY one truth per defined topic.

The RCC, the original church and faith of Jesus Christ has existed from the time of His Visitation here on earth; provable historically and biblically.

Because the bible is a Catholic book; it was the early RCC Fathers who guided by the HS chose the 46 OT books to be included and it was Catholic Authors who wrote the entire 27 book NT. Thus one CAN logically know God’s teachings and meanings of HIS bible by conforming to what His Protected RCC teaches, practices and believes.

So simply claiming to “know” Jesus Christ" without actually accepting what that SAME Jesus Christ taught, commands and expects from each of us is not the belief and practice of Christ One True Faith.

That Jim is why after 2,000 years the 23 Churches aligned with Rome ALL practice the VERY SAME ONE TRUE FAITH in our beliefs; while the Protestants in about 500 years have a large multiplicity of DIFFERING beliefs & churches based on ones INDIVIDUAL preferences and choices.

That my friend was the point I was hoping to make.

God Bless you,

Patrick

I try to avoid Orthodox discussions being a Roman Catholic.:slight_smile:

Sorry, can’t help you here:)

GBY Jim

Patrick

PJM

Thanks!

Jim, I replied on POST #17

God Bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.