Romans 4: 3 credited

I believe that justification is within the heart (Romans 2: 29).

I believe that *logizomai (credited or counted) *is God’s measurement of that reality, that is, justification is in the heart.

When one measures a board, it is called “measure.”

When one measures one’s money, it is called “counted.”

God measured or counted Abraham’s heart and declared that Abraham believed and hope that God would accomplish in Abraham’s heart what God promised–children and a promise land.

(SORRY if this is too hard to read; it is extraordinarily difficult for me to write my thoughts.)

Duplicate thread.

I believe Paul is telling us in Romans: That God is going to make us really good people here and now!

I believe that justification is within the heart (Romans 2: 29).

I believe that *logizomai (credited or counted) *is God’s measurement of that reality, that is, justification is in the heart.

When one measures a board, it is called “measure.”

When one measures one’s money, it is called “counted.”

God measured or counted Abraham’s heart and declared that Abraham believed and hope that God would accomplish in Abraham’s heart what God promised–children and a promise land.

(SORRY if this is too hard to read; it is extraordinarily difficult for me to write my thoughts.)
To believe exists in the inner man/person/soul.

It is measured/accounted/credited.

Faith really exists; it has ontic reality in the heart/soul.

Faith is a grace/gift.

Grace: love, faith and hope. They are homogenous. They are all blended or joined together. They don’t exist by themselves.

Justification is in us and “seen” by God.

I believe Romans is yelling: God promised to make you good; He keeps His promise. You are good and growing in goodness. Moses’ Ten Words: You will not murder. You will not steal. You will not commit adultery. They are promises.

I do not do any of those–It is His Love–Life-Grace in me that makes me good here and now.

BUT I AM GROWING, TOO. The Kingdom parables address this.

Romans 4: 16 For this reason, it depends on Faith, so that it may be a gift and the promise may be guaranteed to ALL his descendents, not only those who adhere to the law but to those who follow the faith of Abraham, who is Father of us all.
Ephesians 2: 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not from you; it is the gift of God; 9 it is not from works, so no one may boast. 10 For we are his handiwork, created in Christ Jesus for the good works that God has prepared in advance, that we should live in them.
Romans 5: 1-2 …through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access to this grace…

I believe Paul is saying that Jesus Christ is FAITH.

If that is the case, then we are saved only by faith.

Jesus is the Faith!

Jesus is the Righteousness.

Jesus is the Love and not merely the Beloved (Davi).

Jesus is the Lamb!

Jesus is the Temple.

Jesus is the Word and not merely Ten Words or Decalogue or Ten Commandments.

Jesus is all the Promises.

And Jesus dwells in our hearts.

God can measure (count or accredit) it as so.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.