Rome&Ecumenism

Rome-the 'whore of Babylon

thechristianexpositor.org/page78.html

Some Catholics clearly don’t believe that transubstantiation actually changes the communion wafer into the real body, blood, soul and spirit of Jesus Christ, and some refuse to believe that purgatory is a reality. They are quite correct in rejecting these false teachings,** for there is not one word in the Bible to support these***** ‘doctrines of demons’*** (1 Timothy 4:1-2).

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha–

deep breath

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

EDIT: Yeah, this isn’t very helpful as far as arguing, but… it’s just so silly.

I think there is going to be alot of people in for a BIG surprise when they get to Heaven! :eek:

[quote=tamie]I think there is going to be alot of people in for a BIG surprise when they get to Heaven! :eek:
[/quote]

There might be an even bigger surprise if they get to hell.

(Note: I said if, I don’t mean to say they are going, just a witty rejoinder. ;))

[quote=RobNY]Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha–

deep breath

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

EDIT: Yeah, this isn’t very helpful as far as arguing, but… it’s just so silly.
[/quote]

The sad thing is that article was so LONG. He must have wasted a lot of time writing it. He could have used that time to do something beneficial to his soul.

[quote=Genesis315]The sad thing is that article was so LONG. He must have wasted a lot of time writing it. He could have used that time to do something beneficial to his soul.
[/quote]

Like reading *Catholicism and Fundamentalism? :rotfl: *

Fr. Paul Stenhouse, M.S.C., Ph.D., Editor of “Annals Australasia” on The Whore Babylon, etc.

Two Letters on Fundamentalism: How best to serve the Truth?
… kind of slanders contained in fundamentalist claims that the Pope, or the Catholic Church, is the Whore of Babylon, the Beast of the Apocalypse, the Scarlet Women? Would a “very committed Christian” repeat …
[/font]http://jloughnan.tripod.com/fun1_19.htm

The Beast of the Apocalypse: Playing the Numbers Game
… the ‘representative of Satan’ in the world (p. 48); the ‘beast’ of the Apocalypse (p. 387) and the whore of Babylon, ‘the woman drunk with the blood of the saints,’ (p. 338). Satan’s Monument? Being Adventist …
[/font]http://jloughnan.tripod.com/fun1_10.htm

[quote=RobNY]Like reading *Catholicism and Fundamentalism? :rotfl: *
[/quote]

Exactly. :cool:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.