Rome will be conquered next, says leader of Islamic State

From the Telegraph:
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the self-proclaimed leader of the Islamic State stretching across Iraq and Syria, has vowed to lead the conquest of Rome as he called on Muslims to immigrate to his new land to fight under its banner around the globe.

Baghdadi, who holds a PhD in Islamic studies, said Muslims were being targetted and killed from China to Indonesia. Speaking as the first Caliph, or commander of the Islamic faithful since the dissolution of the Ottoman empire, he called on Muslims to rally to his pan-Islamic state.

“Those who can immigrate to the Islamic State should immigrate, as immigration to the house of Islam is a duty,” he said in an audio recording released on a website used by the group formerly known as the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham.

"Rush O Muslims to your state. It is your state. Syria is not for Syrians and Iraq is not for Iraqis. The land is for the Muslims, all Muslims.

“This is my advice to you. If you hold to it you will conquer Rome and own the world, if Allah wills.”

I guess everybody is entitled to his opinion, right?

The guy needs to keep it up with stuff like that. Maybe others in the world will finally take notice of what jihad really means.

But I would also say there is a high likelihood he will be killed before long. If not by Iran, which could get to him without much trouble, possibly by Sunnis who don’t particularly want him to be the “caliph” who rules them in both secular and religious matters.

Yes, I really think that the CAUTION symbol is needed next to this thread. It really adds that extra touch of terror and fear. :slight_smile:

This is really concerning to me. I think he is serious about wanting to conquer Rome. I don’t think they will get very far in doing so but I do think that they may very well try terrorist attacks in Rome and maybe even at the Vatican. :frowning:

Is he trying to get arms from the Obama Administration? :rolleyes: Russia? Secret Societies?

Or just trying to get himself some headlines? (Successfully). :hmmm:

Does this guy own a 21st Century map or does he think Rome still has an Emperor and is “next door”? http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/flags/vaticancity.gif

Sorry to make light of this. Just remembered what trouble some nuts caused DC and NYC with just boxcutters and no morals. :mad:

All of a sudden the word “surge” makes me nostalgic.

Deliver us from evil. :gopray2:

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/flags/unitedstates.gif http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/flags/iraq.gif

Syria’s President Assad did a good thing by launching an airstrike on ISIS in Iraq. But meanwhile Obama has been trying to get Congress to give $500m to the anti-Assad rebels in Syria (aka the ISIS). If America does this it will be a state sponsor of terrorism, and Obama will have blood on his hands. And this after Obama went behind Congress’s back to release 5 top-level Taliban terrorists.

It’s nice to know that liberals in the West can always be counted on to defend Islam no matter what form it takes even in the face of monumental threats against their Faith and no matter how 180 degrees it is from post-modern liberalism. :rolleyes:

If only they were this active when it comes to religious freedom for Christians. :o :stuck_out_tongue:

They are serious, but what I think people may be missing is that a lot of these guys are in it for the long haul.

That’s one of their biggest advantages over secular liberalism, who live in the here and now (except on certain environmental issues).

It’s still possible that sheer demographics will hand the Islamists much of Western Europe. Unbeknownst to many, I do believe sharia law already exists in de facto states in some of the EU’s largest cities. It really busts up the image of pot smokers and practicing GLBTQ running around the streets unhindered.

Should Islamism begin a large scale conquest, there would probably be people shaking their fists at Christianity even as radical terrorists who are “Muslims” haul them off to the gallows.

No matter how badly people act in the name of Islam, some in the PC crowd will never bring themselves to be critical of it.

But I would also say there is a high likelihood he will be killed before long. If not by Iran, which could get to him without much trouble, possibly by Sunnis who don’t particularly want him to be the “caliph” who rules them in both secular and religious matters.

I think we’re in some trouble if we really are counting on Iran for Western security interests. Now, if they want to use Iran in the sense that this more their fight with the understanding that the current Iranian government wouldn’t mind their own version of global sharia, well, it’s better than re-invading Iraq.

The problem is liberals and humanists often (if ever) do not understand the complexities of frenemies and the complex, selfish nature of global relations.

It’s not a utopia and foreign statements should always be suspect to some degree.

One almost gets the impression that it might have been a bad idea to spend 50 years teaching that Muslims worship the one true God and can attain salvation outside the Church (as can everyone else, apparently).

When he is talking about conquering Rome, he is talking initially about conquering what we would call Byzantium, or the new Western influence in Muslim lands. Remember, Byzantium was the Eastern Roman Empire.

Now eventually, he would like to see all the world turn Muslim, but his immediate goal is to kick the Western and Apostate influence out of Muslim lands and Muslim majority countries (like Indonesia) and to create one state called an Islamic Caliphate without Western imposed state borders. You can see an example of this now with Western Iraq and Syria not having a border anymore.

A real caliphate may or may not be doable by this group. We will see… but IMHO, he isn’t planning on marching on Italy any time soon.

Typical of humanity, we just can’t help ourselves,we must destroy and conquer ,

Salvation is one thing, existing as a lesser in Heaven and Purgatory are another.

All who enter the Kingdom of God have submitted in Jesus’ name. Muslims cannot be among these.

People who did not worship Christ due to no “fault of their own” AND lived a moral life, may enter Heaven if Christ allows them too. Because God is all knowing, God knows if that person would have worshiped Christ if they had been born Christian or been exposed to a good Evangelist.

People who turn their back on the Truth of Christ, knowingly blaspheme God, and/or live immoral lives will have a lot to answer for.

The point is, that there is no salvation without Christ, but Christ can make exceptions when he wants to because He is God.

I think you said it best. Someone will eventually “whack” this guy. Likely sooner rather than later…

One thing that strikes me is the most radical fiends in Islam are some of the most educated in Islam. These guys are not the ignorant skinheads or white supremecists who tend to be our domestic terrorists. They are not the jobless and hopeless Palestinians who are suicide bombers for lack of anything useful to do with their lives.

If Islam is really a religion of peace, the evidence for that is sorely lacking.

God willing these men will acknowledge their mistake. I know that as a Christians were suppose to be peaceful but we do have to put a stand on this group.

It seems to me that if one follows the Koran and the Hadith as closely as possible, this is what we get. When one follows Scripture and the teaching of the Church as closely as possible, we get Mother Teresa.

Hello.

Sounds like an indication, maybe, at least the idea is being verbalized, of the fall of Rome near the actual end times.

Reminds me of the message of Our Lady of Fatima.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.