Ron Paul: Obama facing too much blame on oil spill

President Barack Obama won a defense on his handling of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill from one GOP congressman on Thursday.

Rep. Ron Paul, the libertarian Republican lawmaker from Texas, said that people were expecting too much from the president in his ability to react to the ongoing spill into the gulf.

"I'm a pretty big critic of the president," Paul said during an appearance on "Imus in the Morning" on the Fox Business Network, "but I just don't see the justification for coming down hard on the president."

"I think it represents the idea that the American people think the president is everything to everybody -- that he should fix an oil leak," Paul added.

thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/101185-ron-paul-obama-facing-too-much-blame-on-oil-spill

Once more, I find myself in agreement with the Congressman. I wonder how much criticism of the president is retaliation for the misdirected grief Bush caught after Katrina.

That’s what I think. That’s why I’ve said that Obama should take blame for his response…just as Bush was blamed for his response.

It’s also retaliation for the misdirected grief Bush caught regarding 9-11. The same people who blamed Bush for allowing 9-11 to happen and refused to blame Clinton for any actions that led up to 9-11, are okay with blaming Bush for the oil leak and giving Obama a pass. Go figure. :shrug:

As usual, Ron Paul shows class.

Ron Paul is not my favorite pol, but he is honest.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.