Ron Wyatt : the man who discovered Noahs Ark

you know I have just recently heard from a fundamentalist christian that a man named Ron Wyatt discovered Noahs ark, I researched him online and I have read that people dispute him from both sides, christian and athiests critics, now regardless if this man is an SDA, i would truly like to believe he found the ark, but I cannot do that. he claims to have found the stones that the 10 commandments were written, the location of Sodom and gommarrah, the tomb where CHrist was in, even a sample of Jesus’s blood. and he has a big following from fundamentalist christians.

has anyone heard of this man named Ron Wyatt who died from cancer on 1999, if so what do you guys think of him and his discoveries :DEBATES ARE ALLOWED:

I am surprised. That anyone would believe this.
(I know you dont OP, !)

Even Answers in Genesis does not trust Ron Wyatt’s claims:There is not the slightest substantiation for Wyatt’s claims, just excuses to explain away why the evidence is missing.

Source: Arguments we think creationists should NOT use
For a more detailed treatment of Wyatt’s claims from AiG see Has the Ark of the Covenant been found?.

I would not rely on any of Ron Wyatt’s claims. If they don’t convince Answers in Genesis then they are hardly likely to convince anyone else.

rossum

This footnote on the above-referenced site is very telling:

E.g. Wyatt tells that in response to his prayer, an earthquake opened, then seamlessly closed the alleged Noah’s Ark site to allow him to look at its ‘petrified timbers.’ He has also claimed the divine gift of deciphering various ancient writings without any training.

Wyatt made the same types of claims that Joseph Smith made.

Wyatt claimed the divine gift of deciphering various ancient writings without any training. So did Joseph Smith - with embarrasing results.

Wyatt claimed that the earth opened and then closed again to give him a look at the ark. Smith claimed that the earth opened to give him a look inside the Hill Cumorah to see the Nephite treasure stored there, but then the earth closed again so no one else can see it.

Wyatt claimed to posses the original tablets of the Ten Commandments, “bound by golden hinges”, but would not show them to anyone because “the world wasn’t ready”. Smith claimed to have the Nephite golden plates from which he claimed to produce the Book of Mormon, but never showed them to anyone - then an angel took them to heaven. He wrote a testimonial and had several “witnesses” sign it, but most of them admitted later that they never really saw the plates.

The parallels are just too weird.

I don’t think he discovered the Ark. I think it would have decomposed, and for our own benefit. “Blessed are they who have not seen and still believe.”

[quote=St_Violet] … he claims to have found the stones that the 10 commandments were written
[/quote]

The original ones that were smashed by Moses when he saw the children of Israel involved in idol worship? Did he put them back together like a jigsaw puzzle? Or did he see the replacement ones that are kept in the Ark of the Covenant? He found the Ark of the Covenant then? So he saw Aaron’s staff too? That’s so amazing that it’s unbelievable :rolleyes: :rotfl:

According to one tradition, the Ark of the Covenant is in a chapel in Axum, Ethiopia. Here is a link for those who are interested. According to an ancient Christian tradition, there is a religious festival in which replicas of the Ark are used in a procession while the original one stays in a Chapel where no one can see it except a Guardian monk of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church.

The story is convincing, and what sold me was the religious festival they celebrated. They festival they celebrate honors the Virgin Mary, and they process with replicas of the Ark. And as many people know, one of Mary’s titles is the “Ark of the Covenant.”

And people wonder why we call Mary “Immaculate”.

I don’t believe it’s in Ethiopia.
2 Maccabees 2:

4 The same document also tells how the prophet, following a divine revelation, ordered that the tent and the ark should accompany him and how he went off to the mountain which Moses climbed to see God’s inheritance. 5 When Jeremiah arrived there, he found a room in a cave in which he put the tent, the ark, and the altar of incense; then he blocked up the entrance. 6 Some of those who followed him came up intending to mark the path, but they could not find it.

Revelation 11:

19 Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and the ark of his covenant could be seen in the temple. There were flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder, an earthquake, and a violent hailstorm.

Revelation 12:

1 A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
2 She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth.

Don’t know the guy. There is a man who periodically visits our church, an archeologist, who thinks they discovered Noah’s Ark at 13,000 feet above sea level at Mount Salomon, Iran. According to their findings, I am nothing short of credulity in this area. They sent, without specifying what they thought it was, samples of the ship to NASA, the Smithsonian Institute, and the top geological institutes in the country asking what it was, and five out of five tests confirmed it: It is the remains of an ancient ship. Not only that, but they discovered sea creatures who’d burrowed into the ship over months and who’d also become petrified, indicating the vessel had been at sea for quite some time. Modern day Mount Ararat in Turkey cannot be the site because the Genesis account describes a mountain range.

He also visited the site in Ethipia where it is believed the Ark of the Covenant is held. The Guardian (a Levitical priest and semi-Christian) who lives within the Ark’s same housing facility is never permitted to leave after entering. He does, however, periodically appear at the door for 30 seconds to bless the community before retreating back to his room to pray. Well, Arch (the archeologist’s name) arranged to meet with him, even if only for 30 seconds and a blessing. However, upon meeting him, The Guardian stayed out for five minutes as Arch showed him pictures of the Noah’s Ark discovery. He told him, “You must come back again, and soon. We need to have a long conversation.” Upon their meeting, The Guardian, after catching his name, said, “I had no idea you were Arch Bonavan! God told me several years ago that I would receive a visit from you.” He’s a Baptist, so he was a little scared at this, but amazed. I cannot recount their findings in either case to you now. I know a movie is in the works and they will soon publicize more of their discoveries.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.