Rookie Mistakes/Pitfalls in Online Dating

This is just my :twocents:. I don’t think you have to worry as much about people being fake online. I’ve met a few women from both AMS and CM, who were very genuine and true to what they wrote in their profiles. I’ve heard that a profile is just some ‘facts on paper’ about someone. That tells you about initial compatibility. It won’t tell you if you are a good match for personality or sense of humor until you actually talk to the other person. That takes time, commitment, and being your true self. That is the best thing to do - be your true self, and expect others are showing you the same. We still have to be careful in online dating (you still should make sure the person is who they say they are).

Both AMS and CM are good websites. Again, they are just new ways (instead of the bars) to meet people you would be compatible with. Take your time to get to know people, read different profiles to see what sort of things people talk about or want in a spouse. Pray about the relationships you do get in to, to keep God in the center of your relationships - that is key. Send me a PM if you have any other questions. Best wishes for you!

I’d stay away from such sites. Get out in your diocese and meet people. Nothing like first impressions and eye to eye where we note the spark that says it all. Good for social development too. Better than the “list your attributes” and “hope we hit it off” method. May be all right for buying a car, but not for people.

M2c

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.