Root planning tomarrow

So tomarrow I am having scaling and root planning done. youtube.com/watch?v=Fjef2SGj9dk (so you can see the procedure) To say I am freaking out would be an understatement. I am a major needle phobe and that stuff rarely works on me. So I yea, prayers please that tomarrow will be painless and I do not freak out and give my poor dentist a new back door or skylight.

Yes I know I’m not Catholic but we are talking needles and sharp pointy things in my gums and I have a needlephobia bigger than the membership of this list I’m amazed I haven’t passed out yet…

:frowning: Praying that everything goes well for you! I know its easier said than done, but try not to panic - I’m sure it won’t be as bad as you think.

I’ve had plenty of root planings done - it’s definitely not a walk in the park. I’ll spare you my horror story, though. Many prayers headed your way!

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

yes i hope they gas me up good

Praying.

I hope they do, too! I never had that option. :frowning: And people wonder why I’m terrified of the dentist these days …

I’ve noticed here it is an option that seems to only be enjoyed by females the cutier they are the more likely.

Since you ask for prayer despite your non-religious self label, I ask the Lord to make this the prayer that He wishes this to be.
And I hope all goes well with your dental ordeal…though the reality is often not as bad as the anticipation!

Wrong thread for it but Neo-Paganism is a religion. I just got my application to a Druid church accepted. But that is for another thread no?

Praying for you Cyberwolf, I bet it wont be as bad as you fear…take care…

I had scaling done, just breath deep and keep your eyes closed, Say prayers and you will be fine.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.