rosary before Mass

Is it all right to say the rosary before Mass? Is it all right to say the rosary during Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament?

Before Mass is definetly ok, not sure about adoration.

A public Rosary before Mass should have a space of 10 or 15 minutes between the end of the Roasry and the beginning of Mass. Just so no visitor gets confused between the two.

A personal Rosary is just fine, either before Mass, after Mass or at Adoration. I believe there may be an indulgence for praying the Rosary in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament.

At my parish a public rosary is prayed every day before Mass.

For adoration, please see this article in the BCL newsletter, a translation of the remarks by the Congregation for Divine Worship. Scroll down to Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament and the Praying of the Rosary

The Congregation concludes that, “One should not expose the Eucharist only to recite the rosary. However, among the prayers that are used during adoration, the recitation of the rosary may certainly be included, emphasizing the Christological aspects with biblical readings relating to the mysteries, and providing time for silent adoration and meditation on them.”

It can be said at both. Adortion is private prayer, saying a rosary is just one of many ways to do it.

Sometimes you say the rosary quietly before mass, other parishes have designated volunteer leaders either once a month or once a week depending on the number of people willing to help, they are usually the older senior citizen women of the parish.

Thanks.

I do say the Rosary during adoration and I say the Luminous Mysteries: The Baptism of the Lord, The Wedding of Cana, The Proclamation of the Kingdom, The Transfiguration, and the Institution of the Eucharist. I think praying these is most appropriate when in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament, for me, it allows me to really focus on Christ’s presence.

Gee, I hope it’s okay…I pray it during adoration all the time…as do the priests and sisters!

Of course!

Before the Mass, sure, that’s fine and great to do.

In Adoration, I’ve read that it’s okay. The whole thing is Christocentric anyway. Also, since Mary is always with Jesus, she’s there when you pray to her there too.

Ever heard of the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy? I find it to be more suitable during Adoration (but that’s just me). Maybe you might want to give it a try. If you’re unfamiliar with it, read up on it, it’s very fascinating. Jesus appeared to Saint Faustina Kowalska and instructed her on how to use it. You can use regular Rosary beads.

I do both as well :slight_smile: a Rosary then Mass in the morning, and in the evening a Rosary in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament then Benediction. A great way to sandwich the day. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.