Rosary/ Chaplet of Divine Mercy Question

Hello all! I just have a quick question. Well, two questions acutally. Here it goes:

1. Is it ok to pray the Rosary and Chaplet of Divine Mercy in the shower? I know it sounds wierd haha, but I feel it would give me a boost to my day, and the feeling of being close to God that you get when you pray would greatly assist me through out the day. I just didnt want to do it if it would be disrespectful, or inappropriate.

2. While praying the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, is it ok to replace the “Have Mercy on us and on the whole world” with “have mercy on ________(insert name) and on the whole world”?

Thanks everyone! God Bless,
Jacob :signofcross:

hi i don’t think it would be inappropiate or disrespectly especially if that’s the only time you can as for your other question i’m not sure hopefully someoelse on here may know god bless
:crossrc:

Thank you very much! May God Bless you and keep near to you this Blessed Season. (Sorry, I know its a little early, I’m just excited haha.)
Jacob :signofcross:

No one has a response to my other question? Did I type something wrong lol?

It is certainly a good practice to always and everywhere lift your heart in prayer … even in he shower. :wink: I frequently sing hymns to God in the shower.

As for substituting another’s name in the recitation of the Chaplet, I have heard of this before, but if you reflect upon offering your intention for someone specific when you begin the chaplet, it would not be necessary to say the person’s name at each invocation.

I have inserted a person’s name at the “Eternal Father … in atonement for (name of the person’s) sins,” invocation on the large bead, but used “us” on all of the small ones. God sees the heart, and knows for whom you pray, anyway. It doesn’t void the prayer.

Although I can’t put my finger on the exact article in her Diary, St. Faustina mentioned instances when she said the chaplet for a certain person, God applied her prayer to someone else. We simply trust Him to know what is best.

Jacob21-

St. Josemaria Escriva used to suggest the recitation of simple vocal prayers while dressing in the morning… This, the Father said, would help us to maintain the presence of God.

Jason

I think all you have to do is mention or keep the person in mind before your start the chaplet. Besides, the phrase, “have Mercy on us and on the whole world” includes everyone, including the person you are praying for. I don’t know if you can change the words though, similar to how I wouldn’t modify the words to the Hail Mary, but I don’t know. I suppose there’s a reason Jesus told us to use those specific words.

And to your first question, of course you can pray in the shower. Just don’t waste too much water, LOL.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.