Rosary for Kindle readers -- very handy!

Here’s something I recently found out about that I’ve found extremely helpful.

A Catholic by the name of Mike Hart (about whom I know nothing other than that he created this product) has published a Kindle book that you can use the same was as rosary beads. Here’s the link to it at Amazon:

amazon.com/Pray-Rosary-Bead-Formatted-ebook/dp/B004ZRM9YE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

It costs $2.49.

The way it works is, he has each of the prayers for the complete Rosary (all four sets of Mysteries) on a separate page. So instead of moving from one bead to the next as you complete each prayer, you change pages. He also gives you the name of the current Mystery at the bottom of each page, so that you’re reminded of what you should be meditating on.

It works great. It enables me to pray the Rosary wherever I am (except when driving, of course!) without needing to count on my fingers or sit in public with my beads. And since it’s on an e-reader, it knows exactly where I left off if I’m interrupted.

:thumbsup:

That sounds neat and handy. I don’t own a Kindle. But if I did I’d get that app.

Enjoy!

Sounds fantastic!! I am going to get that.

Greetings Langdell,

Thanks for passing on this resource. I am going to get it when I get my Kindle.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

I hope you enjoy your Kindle. I’ve had one for several years and love it!

Thanks for that. Also downloaded the catholic prayers. A wonderful resource. I also use my kindle for reading the liturgies of the hour available here: universalis.com/ very reasonably priced.
Gerry

Greetings Gavanhe,

Is there any where else that they, the LOTH, are available or is this it for Kindle?

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

Greetings Langdell,

For somone who plans on downloading quite a bit do you recommend the Touch or the Keyboard? I am going to get the 3G no matter what.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

Good question. It’s hard for me to say, because I’ve never tried the Touch. I like the keyboard myself because I don’t want to get fingerprints on the screen.

This is available as a an electronic resource so that you’re able to read it on line, ie. your computer. It is free if you use it on line on a daily basis. It is also able to be converted into ereader format for your particular reader.
Of course LOTH isalso able to purchased from amazon in book form amazon.com/Christian-Prayer-Liturgy-Hours-Leather/dp/0899424244/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1321388885&sr=8-4
Gerry

Greetings Gavanhe,

I am already marking the books down that I am going to be downloading for my Kindle when I get one. And this is one that is definetly being marked down. It is going to be so nice to not have to be flipping pages and managing the volume.

God Bless.
Anathama Sit

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.