Rosary of the Unborn

I recently came upon this site about praying for the unborn children. Apparently Our Lady appeared to one Maureen Sweeney Kyle, and asked that this particular rosary be made and make it available for people to buy. It’s a very moving rosary, but I wondered if anyone has heard of it and if the Catholic Church endorses it.

God Bless
www.rosaryoftheunborn.com

My advice: Avoid it.

I looked at their site and they state explicitly that they have not nor do they desire the support of the Church.

That is enough for me to be very wary of anything they say or sell. (And sell seems to be the movitating factor in the site - another warning sign to avoid it.)

Just my :twocents:.

Thanks Tom, I missed that section of the site. I"m glad I posted, could have made a grave mistake.

God Bless

[quote=T.A.Stobie, SFO]My advice: Avoid it.

I looked at their site and they state explicitly that they have not nor do they desire the support of the Church.

That is enough for me to be very wary of anything they say or sell. (And sell seems to be the movitating factor in the site - another warning sign to avoid it.)

Just my :twocents:.
[/quote]

You are correct. Quite sometime ago the so called seer refused to cooperate in the Church’s right to investigate her alleged apparitions. As she refuses the church’s authority to investigate, It is a pretty good sign she is a huckster and in it for the fame and fortune.

[quote=T.A.Stobie, SFO]My advice: Avoid it.

Could you tell me where on the website that they state the above? I couldn’t find it, but I didn’t have time to read every line. A friend from church gave me one of the Rosaries and the two booklets that come with it. I had just started reading it when I saw your post. Thanks.
[/quote]

Holy Love Ministries

Holy Love Ministries is an ecumenical lay apostolate. According to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Section 821, ecumenism is described as: ‘Prayer in common, because change of heart and holiness of life, along with public and private prayer for the unity of Christendom, should be regarded as the soul of the whole ecumenical movement, and merits the name spiritual ecumenism’.

Our Lady, Our Lord and many saints appear on the property. The messages given lead the soul into personal holiness, and Our Blessed Mother says they are for all people – all nations.

To exclude Catholic prayer (the rosary) or symbols from the Ministry and ecumenical shrine would be to say Catholics must not be part of the ecumenical movement. This would be contrary to the local Bishops’ efforts at ecumenism and the Holy Father’s ecumenical efforts, as well.

All people and all nations are welcome to come and pray with us.

We do not, nor have we ever sought affiliation with the Diocese of Cleveland. As an ecumenical ministry, we do not seek their approbation

Pretty telling. The top paragraph states it would be contrary to exclude prayer because it would be contrary to the local Bishop. Last paragraph??? We do not … :rolleyes:

Slick way of saying the Bishop has asked for an investigation and she refused. A true seer never refuses the church. It is the church’s job (and more specifically the local Bishop’s job) to investigate apparitions. His very serious job to approve or disapprove them and defend the faith and the faithful from charlatans.

Thank you Marie!

Someone from my mother’s prayer group had sent her a message from Holy Love Ministries which my mother forwarded to me. I went to the website and could not find anything contrary to Church teaching. In fact, the website states that Holy Love Ministries was supported by Archbishop Ganaka from Nigeria who founded the Confraternity.

All the messages I have read repeat the message of the gospels. Repent and return to God. Love God with your whole heart and love your neighbor as yourself.

The messages also say to be obedient to the Pope and if you are Catholic to return to the sacraments - especially confession and the Eucharist. oh…and Pray, pray, pray. Pray especially for God’s will to be done. Again, nothing contrary to anything I’ve ever been taught as a Catholic.

I have, however, been looking for the rosary of the unborn - the prayers to be printed on the website and have not found it. I do see it as worthy for people to pray the rosary for an end to this most grevious sin of abortion. I don’t understand why one would have to buy a special rosary to do so.

Anyway, I would appreciate it if someone could elaborate on the rosary of the unborn or their experiences with Holy Love Ministries.

Thank you and God Bless.

For various reasons I don’t believe it is authentic. Although I wouldn’t go as far as saying it is definitely a fake. That is not for me to judge. But still, I don’t really buy it. I do have one of those rosaries though. I got it before I knew much about it and had it blessed by a priest. Since it is now a valid sacramental and I do really like the look and symbolism of it, I don’ see any problems with using it. I like to pray with it and not just for an end to abortion.

Thank you for your reply. So, from your response, I infer that the rosary of the unborn is just a rosary with different colored beads. Is that correct? Also, I am just wondering if there were any special prayers associated with it.

Also, I am just curious why you feel the alleged apparitions are not genuine? If you could share some of your thoughts, I would appreciate it.

Thanks and God Bless

Be really, really careful about getting involved with somebody who proudly declares they refuse Church investigation. Our Mother would never approve of refusing to participate in a Church investigation. Just because someone receives an apparition doesn’t mean they can’t err.

JMHO. Any rosary used in praying for our precious unborn is equally effective. :thumbsup:

This just gives me a funny feeling.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.