Rosary + Pope John Paul II...a little rant

Looking on QVC I found them selling blessed rosaries for sale;
qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?nest=%2Fasp%2FIsItemNumberRedirect.asp&search=SQ&frames=y&referrer=QVC&txtDesc=rosery&SearchClass=

I believe by Church law it is illegal to sell such items. Correct me if I’m wrong. But then you also have money changers on eBay trying to make a profit off the very rosary which is selling in excess of $400!
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35822&item=6166545383&rd=1

Shouldn’t we make a campeign to contact QVC and eBay to tell them about the wrongs?

Reminds me of when a hockey player by the name of Dan Snyder died in a car accident before the start of the last NHL season and you saw an influx of auctions barring his signature, cards, etc. He use to play in Orlando and I have a many of his autographs and I charish these items to day.

:frowning: Yes it is wrong:crying: Yes we should complain!

[quote=EddieArent]Looking on QVC I found them selling blessed rosaries for sale;
qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?nest=%2Fasp%2FIsItemNumberRedirect.asp&search=SQ&frames=y&referrer=QVC&txtDesc=rosery&SearchClass=

I believe by Church law it is illegal to sell such items. Correct me if I’m wrong. But then you also have money changers on eBay trying to make a profit off the very rosary which is selling in excess of $400!
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35822&item=6166545383&rd=1

Shouldn’t we make a campeign to contact QVC and eBay to tell them about the wrongs?

Reminds me of when a hockey player by the name of Dan Snyder died in a car accident before the start of the last NHL season and you saw an influx of auctions barring his signature, cards, etc. He use to play in Orlando and I have a many of his autographs and I charish these items to day.
[/quote]

It’s not wrong by Church law to sell a blessed object. The buyer however must remember that when a blessed object is sold the blessing is not included in the sale. It is however against Church Law to sell blessings, or require payment for Sacraments. A grave abuse along this line is requiring the use of weekly offering envelopes by parents before allowing children to receive Sacraments. Another is refusing to offer a Mass without the payment of a stipend. Buying and selling of Relics is also forbidden by Church Law.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.