Rosary Prayer for the Deceased

Is there a special Rosary for the deceased?

[quote="Big_Ro, post:1, topic:236861"]

[/quote]

The normal Rosary is special enough. I sure hope they say many for me when my time comes!

Amen to that. I figured as much but thought I’d ask anyway. I figure I will do the sorrowful Mysteries.

[/quote]

For someone who has died I would say the Glorious mysteries, focusing on the hope of the resurrection. I would add "eternal rest grant unto them O Lord..." in addition to or instead of, the "Fatima prayer"

This the traditional way to do things and is the common practice in my part of Ireland during a wake or while praying for the dead.

God Bless and may the souls of the faithful departed through the Mercy of God, rest in peace.

[quote="Theophorus, post:4, topic:236861"]
For someone who has died I would say the Glorious mysteries, focusing on the hope of the resurrection. I would add "eternal rest grant unto them O Lord..." in addition to or instead of, the "Fatima prayer"

This the traditional way to do things and is the common practice in my part of Ireland during a wake or while praying for the dead.

God Bless and may the souls of the faithful departed through the Mercy of God, rest in peace.

[/quote]

Nice. Thanks for the tip

[/quote]

there sure is...check out this thread...all can be prayed for the deceased, but the bottom 4 are specially for praying for the deceased...hope this helps you:thumbsup:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=554116

Ok. Thanks.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.