Rosary Question

Is the Holy Rosary found in the Catechism? I have a copy but can’t find it.

I don’t think that it is, but are you looking for an explanation on how to pray it? If so… ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/rosary/

God bless :slight_smile:

I know the prayers and I am still using a cheat sheet to get the order down as well as the mysteries. I have been trying more and more to familiarize myself with the Catechism. I was just curious if The Rosary is in it.

Here you go:

ccc.scborromeo.org.master.com/texis/master/search/?sufs=0&q=Rosary&xsubmit=Search&s=SS

According to an on-line version of the CCC, there are these references:

1: CCC Search Result - Paragraph # 2678 (484 bytes ) preview document matches
8 Medieval piety in the West developed the prayer of the rosary as a popular substitute for the Liturgy of the Hours. In the East, the litany called the Akathistos
URL: scborromeo.org/ccc/para/2678.htm 95%**********

2: CCC Search Result - Paragraph # 2708 (497 bytes ) preview document matches
prayer tries above all to meditate on the mysteries of Christ, as in lectio divina or the rosary. This form of prayerful reflection is of great value, but Christian
URL: scborromeo.org/ccc/para/2708.htm 95%**********

3: CCC Search Result - Paragraph # 1674 (435 bytes ) preview document matches
to sanctuaries, pilgrimages, processions, the stations of the cross, religious dances, the rosary, medals, etc
URL: scborromeo.org/ccc/para/1674.htm 94%*********_

4: CCC Search Result - Paragraph # 971 (725 bytes ) preview document matches
The liturgical feasts dedicated to the Mother of God and Marian prayer, such as the rosary, an “epitome of the whole Gospel,” express this devotion to the Virgin
URL: scborromeo.org/ccc/para/971.htm 94%*********_

Its index is not the most helpful one I’ve seen.

Thank you Cluny and Luke65-- another question. When praying the Rosary, do we go counter or clockwise. My wife has a pro-life themed Rosary that we think might be backwards–as far as the way the color scheme was put together. From center, the green is on the right and the aqua is on the left. We listen and pray the Rosary every day by listening to Sacred heart Radio when they pray for life. However, when we go by printed directions it seem to go counter clockwise. Are the beads placed wrong on the Rosary itself? I don’t want to damage or disrespect it.

I wasn’t aware that there was a difference:o

And anyway, if you flip it over in your hand, you are (sort of) changing “directions”.

That’s actually a good question! I would bet that it doesn’t make a difference, but I never thought about it before. I go counter-clockwise. But I’m not sure why you think the color scheme might be wrong. Is there some meaning to those colors?

You can find some great resources, including downloadable free .mp3s, at www.rosaryarmy.com

Each color stand for something different in regard to abortion/pro-life. So each Hail Mary has a specific intention. The reason I asked is because when i first learned how to pray the Rosary It went counter-clockwise. However, when we listen to it on the radio the colors don’t line up unless we flip it around. Weird but true! My own Rosary is simple black beads so I never paid attention until my wife got the themed Rosary.

I found this link with an example Rosary as well as the prayer itself.

archindy.org/prolife/files/Prolife-Rosary.pdf

Let me know what you think.

That’s interesting, I don’t think I’ve seen one of those before. But I guess they made your Rosary backwards. But I’m pretty sure you can go in either direction. It’s probably easier for left-handed people to go clockwise.

Left handed, never thought of that!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.