rosary question

today in church before mass (sunday) we recited the roasary the leader said as we were praying the 3 hail marys in the begining said mary we salute you for an increase in faith hope and charity , hail mary…
mary we salute you for an increase in obidence, hail mary…
mary we salute you for an increase in love , hail mary…

I have never heard it done that way before usually i hear an increase of faith then a hail mary then for an increase of hope a hail mary and an increase of chairty a hail mary .
which is correct Thanks

Maybe he was saying...solicit....and it was not enunciated...sounded like...salute...just a guess.

[INDENT]

so·lic·it/səˈlisit/
Verb:
Ask for or try to obtain (something) from someone.
Ask (someone) for something: "he solicited the critic's opinion".
Synonyms:
request - ask - beg - implore - petition

[/INDENT]

Never heard it put this way either...even if it was "solicit"....and makes sense...doesn't sound like we are asking our Mother Mary in a filial and personal way...but a "business" style request...or like a plea to a government official...?

Pax Christi

[quote="taylormcbee, post:1, topic:285164"]
today in church before mass (sunday) we recited the roasary the leader said as we were praying the 3 hail marys in the begining said mary we salute you for an increase in faith hope and charity , hail mary.......
mary we salute you for an increase in obidence, hail mary.....
mary we salute you for an increase in love , hail mary....

I have never heard it done that way before usually i hear an increase of faith then a hail mary then for an increase of hope a hail mary and an increase of chairty a hail mary .
which is correct Thanks

[/quote]

Is it related to a novena?

We salute thee Mary, as the Favored Daughter of God the Father.
Hail Mary...

We salute thee Mary, as the Chosen Mother of the Divine Son.
Hail Mary...

We salute thee Mary, as the Singular Spouse of the Holy Ghost.
Hail Mary... Glory be to the Father…

traditioninaction.org/OLGS/D010olgs_Novena_Day8.htm

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.