Rosary questions

I am a Catholic convert from the Baptist Church (and happy to be Catholic!!) and have recently within the past few months dedicated an hour a day to the Rosary. Is it appropriate for me to pray the Rosary without beads until I have learned the prayers and the days for the Mysteries? I am using the iRosary app on my phone to help me learn it as well as watching the Rosary on EWTN.

Another question - is there a shortened version of the Rosary used for young children to learn it? I have a 6, 4, and 3 year old. Or, do I need to teach them the full Rosary at such a young age?

:slight_smile:

Yes, you can pray the rosary without using rosary beads. As far as there being a shortened rosary for kids there really isn’t one. You can always teach them the basic prayers: Our Father, Hail Mary, and Glory Be and have them pray a decade of the rosary rather than all five at once. Just a thought.

Thank you! I will try it with them!

The answer is yes and no.

The Rosary is a sacramental, and when it is blessed and used in the manner that the Church prescribes a person receives specific graces pertaining to that sacramental.

as far as a shortened version of the rosary

You can break up the rosary into as many parts as you like, **unless **you are going for the plenary indulgence that can be received you can adapt it in the manner that best suites the education of your children when praying with them. What is important is that they pray with devotion (with attention and piously).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.