Rosary - Reading Meditations

I have an extremely hard time focusing on the Rosary mysteries. I’ve taken to reading Rosary meditations while praying the angelic salutations.

Is this still considered praying of I’m reading the meditations to help me shape my mental image? Or should I read a line or two THEN pray the prayer/read then pray and repeat? Ideas?

I don’t know why I can’t seem to focus. I pull myself back just to be distracted again by my thoughts.

Thank you.

If you can’t focus properly try not to close your eyes. Look at the picture in your mystery instead.

I have a wonderful book of a scriptural rosary that has scripture added to every part. It take 20-30 longer to pray it this way but it is beautiful. I can’t remember where I picked it up, some Catholic book store I’m sure, but it really helps with the meditative process.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.