Rosary, Scripture for the Assumption

I’m currently making a prayer book with all the mysteries of the Holy Rosary.
I like to have readings from scripture for each mystery, however several sources I have been using to determine what scripture I’ll put for the mysteries don’t list anything for the Fourth Glorious Mystery (Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary).

The Laudate App lists Judith 13:18-20, 15:10 for this mystery, but I’m not exactly sure how it’s relevant.

Do any of you guys have recommendation as to what Scripture reading I should put down for this mystery (or whether to just use Judith if it is relevant to the Assumption)?

Revelation 12:14 reminds me of the Assumption, “But the woman was given the two wings of the great eagle that she might fly from the serpent into the wilderness, to the place where she is to be nourished for a time, and times, and half a time.”

Check out the Glorious Mysteries slideshow in my signature line. It has a different scripture meditation for each Hail Mary.

Good luck with your book!

I’m not sure if this is the type of thing that you would include in your book, but at the very least it makes for edifying reading: archive.org/stream/vademecumpropose00ferruoft#page/86/mode/2up (Revelations of Our Lord to Servant of God, Sr. Benigna Consolata, regarding the mysteries of the Rosary).

Mary’s soul returns to God and her glorified body is taken up into heaven and reunited with her soul.

Other than the 10 that are on the slideshow, there is:

[LIST]
*]Hebrews 11:5
*]Luke 1:48 (my pick)
*]Canticle of Canticles 2:10
*]Psalm 45:12
[/LIST]

Lord, grant me the grace to love you as our lady desires. Amen. Alleluia.

If you want excellent medieval commentary that will validate that Revelation 12 is applicable to the Assumption then the great Hugh of St. Cher applies it in his commentary on Revelation. Here is a link to a commentary that uses quotes from medieval commentators, very similar to how the Haydock Bible is set up. sites.google.com/site/aquinasstudybible/home/revelation/rev-1/rev-2/rev-3/rev-4/rev-5/rev-6/rev-7/rev-8/rev-9/rev-10/rev-11/rev-12

Judith’s story demonstrates how God uses the weak things of this world to overcome the mighty. Her story is relevant in comparison to the 4th Glorious Mystery because she submitted herself to God completely by trusting Him just as Mary did. Both women exemplify strength and courage that pour out of their faith and obedience to God alone. Judith is a type of the Blessed Virgin Mary as a model of faith- she foreshadows Mary in her submission to the will of God for the sake of her people. Judith is a model of faith of true Judaism just as Mary is a model of faith of the Church.
Helpful link:
usccb.org/bible/scripture.cfm?bk=Judith&ch=

Among all the other Marian parallels (Blessed more than other women, cut off the Enemy’s head), the Judith quote says: “May God give you everlasting honor for what you have done.”

Obviously, the Assumption and the Queenship of Mary are really everlasting honors!

Book Of Wisdom
Chapter 7:25-29

For she is the brightness of eternal light, and the unspotted mirror of God’s majesty, and the image of his goodness. And being but one, she can do all things: and remaining in herself the same, she reneweth all things, and through nations conveyeth herself into holy souls, she maketh the friends of God and prophets. For God loveth none but him that dwelleth with wisdom. For she is more beautiful than the sun, and above all the order of the stars: being compared with the light, she is found before it.

I once wrote up some Old Testament links for the Rosary. For Mary’s Assumption I wrote:

4th Glorious

There are two instances of assumptions into heaven in the Old Testament: Enoch and Elijah.

Of Enoch \b{Genesis 5:24} we are given no details except that He walked with God. We note that Mary often walked with God; she taught Him to walk.

Of Elijah \b{2 Kings 2:1-18} we have some details. Of particular interest is Elijah’s mantle which he drops to Elisha as he departs. Saint Thomas arrived late for Mary’s departure, as he had on the evening of the Resurrection. Mary appeared and dropped her sash to him as proof of her Assumption into Heaven. I do not think the Church has a teaching on this, but the sash is preserved, as one of our few relics of Mary, in a church north or Rome. The incident is also portrayed in a recent icon of the Assumption which I have.

For my Wake Rosary I used John 11:17-27 [Lazarus] as a biblical intro to the 4th mystery;

Mary, our Mother, has been assumed into Heaven. We too shall rise again, and with body and soul reunited, dwell with her in the kingdom of Jesus her Son. …

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.